Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bye-Bye Week...Good Ridence!

What a week it has been.  I have to say that I'm so glad that it's over.  As much as I wanted to enjoy my last week before my internship started, and the week that my cousin from England came to visit me, it has been far from what I expected.  My body took a rest from working out, but my emotional and mental state got a work-out of a lifetime.  My eating habits this week have been far from perfect, my motivation level has been running on empty almost all week, and my body has suffered the consequences. 

This week has brought a few things in to light.  I've learned that I can eat things that aren't my "normal" diet and not dwell on guilt or punishing myself for it.  I've learned that I've finally come to a point in my life that I can deal with bad feelings and emotions without drowning myself in junk food.  I've learned that my body doesn't like "taking the week off".  I notice the fatigue, the lack of energy, and the bloated feeling I get from not eating my healthy foods and working out as much as I'm used to.  These are all positive things that I've managed to gain from a very bad week, and I think it's always good to learn from my mistakes. 

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week.  I start my year long teaching internship.  I will be working four days a week, taking classes one day a week, and juggling homework, kids, and boot camp.  It's funny, but I'm actually looking forward to having such a hectic routine again.  I thrive on staying busy, being busy, and I find that I can build a routine and stick to a routine when there's not much "wiggle" room.  Today, I went and did my grocery shopping for the week so that I can pack my lunch and snacks each day.  I look forward to utilizing the kitchen at the school, and staying away from the constant temptations that seem to lurk around every corner.  No fast food, no sweets, no exceptions!

Alright, now it's time to move on to the fun stuff.  It's time to announce this week's member of the week.  This week, the winner is Cathy McAuliffe-Dickerson.  Find out more about her in the Member Highlight section of blog.  Congratulations, Cathy!!

That's it for today.  Moving forward, the blog will be updated in the evenings - just because I will now be up and out early in the morning.  I'm excited to get this week started.  Tomorrow it's buddy night at boot camp, so I'm looking forward to that.  If any of my local followers are interested in attending tomorrow's session of boot camp with me - post a comment or visit my Facebook Page and I will get you hooked up with the details.

Till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a crazy week! I personally think its easier to stay on track when I am crazy busy I don't know why either haha
    Good for you for not beating yourself up for a few indulgences! We all need to lighten up and indulge once in awhile. Good luck with the internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you'll be a fabulous role model for your first graders as well as for your own children. SO cool! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!