Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Extra Curricular Activity

I came home today with the urge to sit down here and write my blog.  It's been two days since my last confession - urm, post - so I'm definitely overdue.  I am keeping my promise about posting at least 3 times during the week...today is the first day this week.  It's Wednesday...so that means you're going to get five posts in a row this week (including Saturday and Sunday)!

Sitting down, I have drawn a blank.  I had such an urge to get home and get to my blog...but now that I'm here, I don't know what to write.  That has NEVER happened to me before.  Sure, I've had days where what I post isn't the most interesting information in the world - but I've never just drawn a blank.  A part of me wants to share what I've been up to at school the past two days, but the other three quarters of me is fighting it...that's just not want I want to use this blog for. 

Oh, I just remembered....I can share something that's happening at school that's weight loss related (ish).  Last week, one of the teachers mentioned a club that the school sponsors: Girls on the Run.  I was curious about it, so this morning I went and visited the principal to do some inquiring.  After getting some very basic info (the name of the teacher that ran the club) I went and visited with that teacher.  She let me know that she had to stop doing to program because she didn't have the time or the volunteers to run it.  I saw this as a golden opportunity to step up to the plate.  I volunteered on the spot to take over the program...and so this week, I will be getting more information about the program - and hopefully recruiting some people to help me get it going again.  I wish I could share more information about the program, but all I found out today is that it's run by the Boys & Girls Club, and that it involves 3rd and 4th grade girls running....that's all I needed to know to decide that it's something I want to be involved with. 

There you go, I've managed to find away to not only have something to motivate me to run after work, but I can also be a part of a great program for girls...what's better than that?

In other news, I stepped on the scales this evening...they were very nice to me.  No decrease, but no increase either.  Being that it was 5pm when I stepped on them, I can assume that it's even better news because every other time I've weighed myself that late in the day, I'm showing to be about 2lbs heavier.  I'm thinking I might do an "official" weigh-in this weekend - along with some measurements. 

OK, so not the best post in the world - but a post.  My goal for the rest of the week is to find my humor.  I still have it, but it likes to bury under my fatigue in the evenings....need to find a way to coax it out of me for a few minutes while I write my blog.  Tomorrow I will be in University classes all day...that means I shouldn't be as tired tomorrow evening....bring on the FUNNY!!

Till next time.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I ran as a Buddy last spring, am currently fundraising for SoleMates and I'm seriously considering coaching this fall. I heart their program!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this program. It's suppose to promote positive self-esteem and positive interrelationship skills between the girls and of course, RUN! I think it's great you stepped up! I bet you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! If you need volunteers or anyone to help you, please let me know. I'm completely serious. I love this organization and what they do. I think it's awesome that you've stepped up.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!