Sunday, August 01, 2010

More Than Just a Diary

This week has been a very exciting week for me.  Getting to do a TV interview was extremely exciting, but the excitement came in the days that followed the airing.  I went from a woman trying to lose weight and get healthy and sharing her story with a blog, to a woman trying to lose weight and get healthy and wanting to help other people do the same any way I can.

I changed up a few things a couple of weeks ago by sharing a week of posts that explained everything that I'm doing to lose weight and get fit.  Now, I want to continue doing similar posts like that - anything that can inspire and motivate other people to finally get off the couch and move towards a longer, healthier life.

So - what's going to happen now?

Tomorrow kicks off "Smack in the Face" week.  I get mean, I get straight forward, I get in your face.  This week will be a week of NO MORE EXCUSES!!  Excuses are like belly buttons - everyone has one, but it serves no use to you now.  If you're one of those people that likes Jillian Michaels - then you should enjoy the next week.  If you're someone who's easily offended - then you might not want to read the blog this coming week.  My intent is NOT to offend - but I'm not sugar coating anything.  If you're one of those people that wants to lose weight, but just haven't found the urge to do it....MAKE SURE YOU'RE HERE EVERY DAY!!

There's exciting new things that are going to start on my Facebook page too.  If you're not a member, visit Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman and join.  I am starting a new thing called "Member of the Week".  The member of the week will be a new contest that encourages participation in discussions - that's it.  The winner will get a featured spot on my blog - as well as be in for a drawing for the "Member of the Month".  The member of the month will win a prize.  Prizes will be things like Bondi Bands (with my signature I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!), water bottles, and other fitness/ health related items.  You don't have to be local to win - yes, I will pay shipping.
Me in a Bondi Band

I really want the discussion area of the Facebook page to get some use.  Once things get going, I will be  starting new discussions, as well as hosting "chat nights" where we can chat together - live - in a chat room. 

Now, I have members on my page that are elite athletes, are not trying to lose weight, or are just curious about what I'm doing.  That's OK!! I encourage EVERYONE to participate.  Those of you that don't fall into the "want to lose weight" category can help give advice, help provide support - and just be apart of a friendly community.  That's what it's all about.  I want to build a community of support - so that there is a place you can go for advice, to vent your frustrations, and know that there's someone that WILL answer your questions, WILL give you advice, and WILL support you every step of the way. 

Now, I can't do this alone - this will all come down to you!!  Will you help me achieve my goal?  Don't be shy, don't be embarrassed....it's time to JUST DO IT!! (Thanks, Nike)

So - let's get it started.  Let's build a community - stand together - help each other.  If you're not a member of the Facebook page - please join.  If you are a member, take a second to go to the discussions tab  on the Facebook page and introduce yourself.  It doesn't matter if I know you - others want to know you too! 

Tomorrow - day one of Smack in the Face Week - I hit TIME!!  My favorite excuse, urm I mean reason, people have a hard time with healthy living.  Don't miss it!!

Till next time.  ;)

Image from:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/slopestyle1992/3407020922/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!