Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Bits In Between

As another week comes to a close, it brings an ending, a new beginning, and a plan to continue doing what I'm doing - succeeding.

I'm the kind of person who likes to hear the bad news first, when given the option - so that's what I'm going to start with this morning.  I will give the bad news, the good news, and then fill in the gaps.

Bad news:  Yesterday, I sent my resignation letter to the instructors of boot camp informing them that I will not be finishing this round of boot camp.  It was extremely hard to write the message - as boot camp has become such a big part of my life and my journey.  I was so determined to make boot camp a part of my busy schedule - but I really had no idea how impossible it was to try and juggle boot camp in with work and school.  Both Bob and Jillian responded to my message to let me know that they understood, and that they would be there if I needed them.  Bob mentioned the words "guest appearance" and that brightened me up a little.  It's nice knowing that if I get a day that I can make it to a camp - I will go.  There are so many days when I NEED to go to boot camp just for my sanity, so having that option is nice.

Good news:  Yesterday, I went out and did a little shopping.  I had to buy new "teaching" clothes, because all of the clothes I bought just 3 months ago are WAY too big!!  I prepared a head of time in the beginning of the summer by buying a few outfits to use for work.  Well, I bought size 18s and 20s back then, because I thought that there would be no way I'd be any smaller in just 3 months.  Well, I was wrong.  There are some 18s that fit, but I had to buy size 16 for the most part.  It was also really nice buying larges instead of XX-Large in shirts.  I spent yesterday actually enjoying shopping for clothes, rather than cringing at the thought of it.  I was able to buy clothes in department stores and at the mall - something I haven't been able to do since I was a kid.  Such a great feeling.

Bits in between:  As I explained yesterday, my new plan is a little different than what I've been doing.  Starting tomorrow, rather than focusing on working out 6 times a week and eating 6 times a day, I've set myself some goals in regards to my eating and exercise.  Starting tomorrow I will be eating breakfast before I leave the house, packing my lunch, taking 2 healthy snacks to eat while at work, and taking my work-out clothes to work with me.  I will be running AT LEAST 2 days a week after work, and doing a hard work-out on the weekends.  My evening meals will still be planned, my grocery shopping will still be done on the weekends, and my dear hubby is going to go back to doing the majority of the cooking - for now - until I get used to my crazy schedule. 

OK, so that wraps up my week.  Before I go, I want to mention that I have selected a new Member of the Week.  This week's winner is Fit Bee.  I am waiting for more information from her so that I can share a little of her back ground with you all.  Be sure to check out the Member Highlight section later today to learn a little about her.  Congratulations, Fit Bee!!

Till next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!