Monday, August 16, 2010

Starting Out on the Right Foot

So, today was my first "official" day of my teaching internship.  I've attended a couple of meetings over the past couple of weeks, but today marked the first day of going every day.  I got up this morning, packed my snacks and lunch, and off I went.  It was an extremely busy day, but I had my snack, ate my lunch, and drank my water.  I avoided making the short drive to the fast food option, avoided the vending machines, and stuck to my plan. 

My only concern is that once the kids start school, it will be very difficult to eat my snack.  I can't exactly break out some cottage cheese and start eating it in front of the kids - but I will figure something out.

It's amazing how exhausted I am.  I got to work around 7:30 this morning, left at 3:30, got home at 4, then was out the door at 5 to head to boot camp and then got home from boot camp at 8.  Wow, no wonder I'm tired...LOL  Because of the fatigue, it's really hard to bring out my witty side to write about interesting stuff.  I think this is as good as it's going to get tonight.  Sorry folks.

Tomorrow, I have open house at school.  It's going to be another long day, but hopefully I won't be as exhausted when I get home - so I can come up with better material.  Don't want you guys getting bored now, do I?

Well, till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a day. Re snacks: I guess first graders don't get a snack, like preschoolers, huh? Maybe you could do some sort of healthy food preparation several times a week as a math activity; science activity; social science activity. Isn't one of the benchmarks something about taking care of yourself and being healthy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll figure out snack time :) Have fun with the open house!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!