Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gonna Try Ten Things Thursday...

So, you all know how much I like doing Draz's Bring Your Own Crazy, right? I do it pretty much every week. Not always on Fridays - when Draz does it - but eventually, I get around to it.

For the past few weeks, I've been reading another fun blog post thing she's been doing called Ten Things Thursday.

It's simple. I just come up with 10 random things to talk about. I'm pretty sure mine won't be near as good as Draz's.. but I decided to give it a shot.

1. How does holding on to a long, metal object for a couple of hours cause SOOO much pain to my arms? I mean, seriously. I held up a weed-eater for two hours, and it feels like I've been hurling 85lb weights around. I didn't feel this much pain when I did boot camp - and that was major exercise stuff. I leisurely walk around a yard for a couple of hours swinging around a metal stick that has the power to whack down weeds...and I am in more pain than I've ever been doing any form of exercise. Ridic!

2. I'm getting a little nervous about teaching the nutrition class I'm teaching for 4 days next week. I decided to teach the kiddos about the importance of staying hydrated - and that meaning drinking water, not soda. Each class is 90 minutes long. That's a long time to go on and on about drinking water. Plus, let's not forget that I'll be the biggest hypocrite in the world by preaching to these kids about drinking water - when I've been slacking off drinking any water.

3. I miss my mommy! There, I said it. And you can go ahead and read that in a whiney, three year old voice - cause that's exactly how it was intended to be taken. This past month has really made me realize how much I rely on my mom to be my ear when I need someone to talk to. OK, everything I've had to whine about the past month has been because I'm staying at her house... but not being able to pick up the phone and call her when I need her is hard. I know that when she walks through the gate at the airport tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to cry. Like a big, baby. Let's not forget my dad...I've missed him, too. He's just not much of a phone talker.

4. I want to know how it's possible for a 10 year old boy to destroy 10 pairs of shoes in a year. No lie. In the last three months he's pulled the soles off of 2 pairs of tennis shoes. Not cheap tennis shoes, either. Every single pair is the same - within a few weeks the soles are ripped off. I know it's because he takes them off without untying them. I'm so tired of buying shoes - and I just don't know how to break him of it short of making him walk around bare foot.

5. I made the best spaghetti last night for dinner. OK, so it was sauce that you buy in a jar - but it was the best I've tried. It was Bertolli - and it was made with white wine. I cooked it up with ground beef, onions, and mushrooms. I then made garlic bread. So delicious. Yeah, I know it was probably full of calories - but I didn't go crazy. While I'm still not a fan of cooking - I was proud of that creation.

6. I'm curious to see how my Mommy Homemaker attitude lasts once I go home. Once I'm not cooking anymore, or I'm actually able to use a dishwasher... will I still do any of that stuff? Will I still wash dishes just because they are in the sink and need to be cleaned? Will I go to so much trouble to keep the house picked up? My bets are on a big, fat no - but you never know. Maybe I've reawakened a part of me that want's to be a good mommy that takes care of the house. Don't laugh too much as you read that last statement, m'kay?

7. DirecTV is by far the best satellite company. And I'm so glad we have DirecTV at my house - and no, I have not been paid to say that...although, I'm open for offers DirecTV! My parents have Dish Network, and I freaking hate it. The DVR won't let you watch anything else while something is recording. Also, if I'm watching something on the DVR and then go back to the channel the TV was on - it won't let me rewind the TV. My DirecTV does. We can record two things in the living room and two things in the bedroom at the same time. I can watch a show from my DVR, then go back to live TV and rewind it. It's so much better. I can't wait to get back to my TV.

8. I am definitely no farm girl. I'm a city girl at heart, despite living in BFE. But, I have to admit, that I've kinda enjoyed taking care of my brother's mini-farm. I go out and feed chickens and goats and ducks...and it's fun. A little fun. Not enough to make me start buying farm animals - but enough to make me appreciate the hard work he puts in to keeping up with it all. I'm gonna miss them smelly animals - a little - once I'm gone.

9. It is not healthy for a 30 year old woman to spend so long without adult interaction. Physical or verbal. Four weeks feels like four years. I feel like I'm on a reality show that tests the limits of a person's mental stability by sticking them out in the middle of nowhere with 6, then 5, then 4 kids...with no other adults. I will come out victorious - but holy mother effers, it's hard work. I know that Peanut has had enough of being my conversation buddy - cause I just got no one else to talk to. *Sniff*

10. I've realized that coming up with 10 random things to talk about is hard. I feel like it's stepping on the line of True Confessions Tuesday. I know, not to sound like a broken record, that my current living situation is what is causing my mental block of pulling stuff out of a hat to talk about. Maybe in a couple of weeks - when I've had my life back for a little while - a post like this won't be so hard. I'm sure it will be a lot of classroom prep talk, summer swimming, and how f'in awesome it is to be back in my own bed... but that stuff is interesting, right?

This is the part where I say if you want to try Ten Things Thursday, that you should go back to your blog and do that. I would advise reading Draz's version - it's so much better. But, this was fun.

Till next time. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of 10 random topics. My mind often wanders and lacks focus so I tend to think about multiple things at once.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!