Friday, June 01, 2012

I'm Singing in the Rain

Today, I'm in a much better mood. It's so obvious that even Hubby commented how much happier I sound when he spoke to me on the phone a little while ago. Even though the day got off to a very rocky start - the day has gone much better...and now I'm enjoying a relaxing evening sitting on the porch while it rains.

I didn't get to write this morning, because I was having some serious family drama to deal with. But, it got worked out and now I'm enjoying a very relaxing evening with my three kids and only one extra kid. The two little ones that are here are playing in the rain, Peanut is sitting out here with me and having civil conversation, and Butter is amusing himself by riding his bike and getting some much needed exercise to purge some of his energy. Life couldn't be better!! Well, it could - Hubby would be here. That would make it perfect.

I'm not happy about some of the situations that I got trapped in today, but I'm happy with the outcome - only because it makes life easier on everyone involved. I know that sounds completely cryptic and obscure...but it's the best I can do and as much as I can say under the circumstances I'm in.

Things have gone so well today that I'm even considering going out and doing some yard work on Sunday...something that's not really up my alley AT ALL. But, I went out to my brother's garden today to see how it's going...and it's in a little need of some TLC. I'm not sure if the nice weather has done something to me - but know I want to do something to help bring the garden back to life and ensure that my brother will have some nice produce waiting for him when he comes back. If you are reading this and thinking about calling an ambulance - because I've obviously completely gone insane - don't. I'm OK - really.

I don't know what's going on with me - but whatever it is, I like it. I'm feeling good. I'm happy. I got to talk to my Mom on the phone today - and that always makes me feel better. I'm going out with Hubby tomorrow afternoon - just me and him. Knowing that makes me feel very happy. Only having one extra kid to take care of this weekend has drastically reduced the amount of fighting in the house. That makes me EXTREMELY happy.

All in all, life is good. I have nothing to complain about today. Again, hold off on calling the ambulance...I'm good. I promise.

This evening is the kind of evening I imagined when it came to having a whole summer off work. Being able to spend time with the kids - or at least watch them while they're having fun. Being able to sit and talk to my oldest daughter...and laugh and joke. Seeing Butter enjoy himself. This is finally starting to feel like a vacation.

Well, not to have too much of a good thing - I'm going to leave my post at that. Pretty short and definitely sweet today.

Till next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!