Saturday, June 16, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I'm here.  Home.  Finally.

Got here around 10pm last night...and man, it feels good.

I spent all morning, yesterday, recleaning my parent's house.  I wanted it to be perfect, or as close as I could get it for their return.  I was also trying to stay busy so that the time would fly by - and my nerves would stay settled as much as they could.

At 3pm, I finally left for the 1 1/2 hour drive to the airport.  I got there right at 4:30.  The flight was supposed to arrive at 5:15, so my sister's boyfriend and I just walked around a little.  At 4:45, I decided to head back to the arrival gate and wait.

But there wasn't much waiting.  As I stood there staring at the arrival display, their flight showed a change in status - it had already arrived at 4:46pm.

My sister's boyfriend was there as a surprise to my sister.  We came up with a quick plan for where he could hide and decided the best place would be by the luggage turn-style.  I stood staring at the gate from where I was, feeling as if had been years since I'd last seen my parents.  Tears began to well up in my eyes...and I ditched the boyfriend and went back down to the gate.

People started coming through and I waited...and waited...and waited.  Finally, ten minutes later, above the crowd of people, I spotted my dad.  I couldn't hold my emotions anymore, and flung myself at him with a tearful sob.  Shortly behind came my mother, my brother, and my sister.  I gave my mom the hug of a lifetime and new tears sprung to my eyes.  They all laughed.  They thought I was joking when I told them I would cry when I saw them.

We walked down to get their luggage, and to give my sister her surprise.  She was surprised.. but I didn't have time to worry about that.  I was just happy they were all finally home.

The ride back to their house was very nice.  All of my nerves and fears were quickly swept away.  My mom assured me that she wasn't too bothered about the minor problems that had occurred since she'd been away.

We arrived back at their house close to 8pm.  My mom insisted that she get all the cases opened up and dig out the stuff she brought home for the kids.  I would have been happy to wait on that... but she wanted to.  The kids got some cute stuff - and I got something I've wanted for YEARS.  That would be an official Arsenal jersey.  Arsenal is my favorite soccer team.  I'm English, so I like British football.  Arsenal just also happens to be the rival team of my entire family's favorite I knew had to have been hard on my dad to spend money on that jersey.

At a little after 9pm, I decided it was well past time to finally head home.

It was and is so nice to be home.  I didn't get as much sleep as I thought I would being that my kitten has apparently missed me and spent practically all night trying to get me to play with her.  But it sure felt good to be back in my own bed.

This morning, I've spent some time on my computer and went and did some grocery shopping.  Now, I'm waiting for P-Momma to get here so that we can have a girls' night out.   It will be so nice to have a kid-free evening.

Guess I better go unpack all my junk.

Till next time. ;)


  1. Yay! So glad you are back home and that your folks got home safely! Enjoy your night xxx

  2. It's always nice to be in your own bed.


Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!