Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's Letters


Dear Wal-Mart...  Please, please, PLEASE train your cashiers to check the bag carousel after I load my cart with stuff so that I don't end up driving all the way home only to realize that I've left a bag.  Do you know how infuriating it is to drive all the way to the store for one specific item, buy a few extra things, and then come home missing the ONE SPECIFIC ITEM I went for?  Last night it was potato salad for today's pot luck at work.  That was a must have item.  I buy it, see that I've paid for it on my receipt and then get home without it.  So frustrating!  And it's not worth the gas money to drive the 15 miles back to your store to get it.  I'm either locked in to paying for it again at another store on my way to work, or paying the gas to drive all the way back to your store.  Either way I'm out about the same amount.  Not cool, Wal-Mart!

Dear Peanut... Why do you insist on having awesome moments at your games when I decide not to go?  The first game that I missed you guys won.  Your first - and only game so far - that you won.  Then, last night, I find out that you scored 14 points in a row with your serving.  I'm so happy for you, but so crushed that I didn't get to see it.  I also want to tell you that when the score of your game is 24-8 to them, and you bring your team up to 22 points before the other team scores the winning point that you have absolutely NOTHING to be upset about!  Losing is tough, but you made the other team lose by the skin of their teeth... that's a whole lot better than losing by 14 points.  I am so proud of you!

Dear Road Crew Working On Our Road...  What in the heck is wrong with you guys?  Do you know what you're doing to my driveway?  I have no idea why you feel the need to park your huge equipment down our private drive but you've torn so much crap up.  When I drive an SUV and still have problems getting over the piles of rock and debris left all over the place - something is seriously wrong.  And I understand that you have an easement to carve out a new driveway for us that leads in to an adjoining road... but if you think I'm driving over that rock pile you call a new driveway - you are sadly mistaken.  My Hubby drives a motorcycle, and there's no way he's going to be able to deal with all the mess and hazards you've created.  So, do me a favor, will ya?  Clean up all that mess.  Use those big, fancy trucks for good - not evil.  Clean up the piles of rock and tree debris that you've scattered all over the place.  Thanks!

Dear AC at Work...  I sure hope you decide to work for us today.  The past few days have been pretty miserable.  I can't complain too much, being that my room is the only room down my hallway that's had any AC at all this week.  But, coming on for an hour to be off for two, rinse and repeat is getting a little old.  Do you know how hot a classroom can get when there are 20+ warm bodies crammed in to it?  And, again, I can't complain too much... but I'm not the only person I'm complaining for here.  I have friends on our hallway that shouldn't have to work in the heat like that.  They didn't even get the few breaks here and there that I got.  They've gone the entire time with no AC at all!  Today is a Professional Development day for the teachers, so please be nice for us and come on today.  We have to go to work while the kids all get a day off, the least you can do is give us a work day with a tolerable temperature.

Dear Big, Comfy Bed... I'm coming for ya this weekend.  Get ready!

Dear Fantastic Ideas Swirling Around My Head... I hear you!  I know I need to write you down somewhere, or you may get lost in the other jumble of stuff that's floating around my head.  I promise I'm trying to get to you...and I hopefully will be able to work with some of you this weekend.  I appreciate the work you're doing, and how patient you're being with me.. just sitting there... waiting.  Don't give up on me - I'll be putting you to work as soon as I can.

Dear Upcoming Weekend... I know this week has flown by in a blink of an eye but how about you break that mold and be a trend setter?  How about you go by as slow as molasses?  Nobody is going to complain if the next two days seem to never end.  I have so much I want to do, yet there's never enough time to do it all.  I'd really appreciate it if you slow the clock down just for two days.  But, you don't have to start until about 4pm this afternoon.  Feel free to move at your normal, blink of an eye speed up until then.. k?

And now it's time for me to get ready for work.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!