Friday, September 21, 2012

To My Dearest Friday...


I'm pretty sure that if I start today's post with "another week has flown by and it's time for Friday's Letters", it would be the fifth time in a row I've started that way.  At least that's what it feels like.  Feel free to go back and check if you want to.  But, at least that's NOT how I started the post this week.  Right?

Dear Weather Man: Please don't be upset with me when I ask this - but can you please make sure we don't get any rain today?  Pretty please?  I know, I know.  I've asked for rain several times, complained we haven't had enough rain, and now have the nerve to ask for the rain to bypass us this time.  But, I have a field trip today.  That's outside.  With 60 plus kids.  You get why I'm asking, right?  The field trip was cancelled last Friday because of rain... I'd hate to put my kiddos through all of that again today.  Especially since each day this week has been absolutely glorious in terms of the weather.  Cooler, not a cloud in the sky.... just perfect.  It would be great if we could have just one more day like that.

Dear Karma:  Was that you I just heard making that thunder sound the second I finished up my letter to Weather Man?  Like, seriously.  The minute I type the period at the end of the sentence, I hear thunder.  Coincidence?  I think not!

Dear Me:  It is very important that this weekend, after you've done all of the grading, entered in all the grades on the computer, and written all of your plans, you work on some sort of system to help you stay on top of all the things you need to do each day.  If you don't think of something, you're going to spend every weekend for the next eight months working.  And you and I both know that's not what you want to do.  You still have half of a house that needs the deep clean you gave to the living room and kitchen last weekend.  You want to be able to do fun things and relax on the weekends.  But unless you get a grip on the weekly demands, that's never going to happen.  Oh, and while you're at it - be sure to make that Reward Catalog, update your reading logs, go through the book with the math centers and spelling groups that you want to create, and make the decisions about how you are going to teach math and reading.  It all has to be done - might as well do it now.

Dear Karma:  Me again!  Hey, I'm sorry about that thunder note.  I just realized I really shouldn't be so hard on you. This week, you managed to do something I've been asking for since May.  You helped Peanut find a solid reason to forget all about her old school and make the plunge to move on.  A boyfriend.  And while "normal" parents would be less than thrilled that she's so goo goo over a boy when she should be much more focused on her studies... this is a little different.  She was getting more comfortable about leaving her old school, but it was still a subject pressing on her mind.  The volleyball helped, that's for sure.  But now she's had something that's completely knocked her over to my side of the situation.  And if you weren't nice enough with just finding her a boyfriend - you also managed to find her a boyfriend that's also a teacher's son. A new teacher in the school.  His first year at the school.  How more perfect could that be?  I was also looking for a teacher that I could become really good friends with outside of the work place.  As she and I texted each other last night as bad as our preteen children were texting, I felt really happy about possibly making that friend I was looking for.  So, again, sorry about the thunder dig.  You rock!

Dear Katniss, Prim, and Gale (my kitties):  I know you all probably feel a little neglected with how much time the kids and I are out of the house.  I know you want nothing more than to curl up with me each evening and night to make up for all the time I'm gone.  But, when I'm working on grading papers or writing plans - that's not an invitation to you all to come and lay on me.  It's really hard to write plans in a planbook when I have a cat sprawled out over the top of it.  It's really hard to grade papers when I have two kittens that decide the stack of papers would make a great toy to swish around the room.  It's really hard to type when I have a cat that likes to walk across the keyboard, lay on my lap while I type, or knock everything off of my desk.  When I'm laying on the couch, or even laying in bed, feel free to come lay with me and snuggle - but when Momma is working?  Be good kitties and leave her stuff alone!

Dear Gas Prices:  Seriously?  What the freak?  It boils my bones that just because this is a freakin' election year - you get to sky rocket up to ridiculous amounts.  Don't you realize I just bought a new car?  An SUV at that.  While it gets great gas mileage for an SUV, it's still pretty hard on my wallet at the gas tank.  I just don't get how you get away with daylight robbery each and every day.

Dear Amazing Students of Mine:  Regardless how this day plays out now that there's a storm that's rolled in within 10 minutes of my plea letter to the weather man, I want you all on your best behavior today K?  Don't forget what happened last Friday, while I was gone, after the trip got cancelled.  In fact, don't forget what happened this Monday in response to last Friday.  I don't want to go through another Monday of making you all work in silence, keeping a mean face plastered on me all day, and giving everyone the silent treatment.  I want a Friday - and following Monday - full of fun, learning, and enjoyment.  Whether we, once again, have to cancel the trip or we still get to go in the rain... remember what we've talked about this week and make me proud.  Even more proud than you already make me each and every day.

Alright, I think that pretty much does it for this Friday.  Have a great day, everyone!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!