Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Truthful Tuesday


It's time for another edition of Truthful Tuesday...a time to spill some of the random truths I've been holding inside - because I haven't really had anywhere to share them.  It couldn't have come at a more perfect time - because I've got a little dirt to spill...

To be honest... I'm not very happy with my mom right now.  And it's really stupid why I'm not.  All because she hung up on me.  I don't know why, but being hung up on is one of my biggest pet peeves.  In my mind, it's a major sign of disrespect.  She says I was yelling at her - but I wasn't.  I was in my classroom.  At work.  I'm not about to start yelling on the phone at someone when there are people all around me that I work with.  I was just trying to get a word in...and she wouldn't let me.  So, she just hung up on me.  And it infuriated me.  It still does.  Even more so due to the fact that I know that I'm right, and it won't matter what I say.  UGH!

To be honest... The stupid reason I'm now not speaking to my mom is all because of a fishing pole.  Yes, folks...A FISHING POLE!  Jelly's pole to be exact.  She bought the exact same one for my niece, thought I took off with my niece's pole after camping, and won't listen to me when I say that the pole I have is definitely Jelly's.  Ridiculous, isn't it?

To be honest... I think Therapy Dude would have a fun time with me over this mess.  I would never let something as stupid as this interfere with my relationship with my mother.  I would just fold, tell her what she wants to hear, and move on.  But, for some reason I just couldn't do that last night.  I guess I'm tired of just folding.  I'm tired of just giving in to appease everyone.  It's not fair!  I'm a grown up now, and shouldn't be scared to stand up to my mom.  OK, I probably picked a stupid situation to finally decide to stick up for myself - but that's just the way it is.  I'm going to be a big girl from now on.

To be honest... Up until the situation with my mom, I had an amazing day at work yesterday.  The kiddos were so good.  Not a single child had to move their clip for behavior.  One child got a not-so-good report from one of the other teachers - which would be an automatic clip change, but he wanted to trade in his free ice-cream ticket to keep him on green and to keep his 5 minutes of recess that he would have lost.  That's a major sacrifice, in my opinion.  But ending the day with a perfect behavior record was more important to him than a free ice-cream.  That's major stuff right there.

To be honest... It felt great to make Peanut's day on Sunday when Hubby and I decided it was time for her to have her very own cell phone.  We got back the phone we had provided for my sister for the past two years, and gave it to Peanut.  With her now playing volleyball, it was a lot more important for her to have a way to contact us if she needed to - especially that she practices every night in a different town.   Of course, the phone comes with unlimited texting - every preteen's dream - so she's happier than a pig in mud.  While Hubby and I had made plans to hold off on cell phones for another couple of years - Peanut has shown us how much she's grown up, lately.  She's tackled a few situations that she handled like a champ - earning her this great reward.  I have a feeling keeping her room clean and doing her chores won't be an issue ever again - now that the phone is a privilege that can be taken away.  HA!

To be honest... I'm happy about the cell phone for Peanut, but now I can't help but feel some guilt for Butter.  He's not happy about the cell phone, and believes he deserves one too.  That's one of the issues that arises having two kids eleven months apart in age - Butter believes he's close enough in age to receive the exact same treatment and privileges.  Hubby and I are both firm believers that eleven months is still eleven months - and the oldest is going to receive certain things first.  It's just so hard for Butter to understand.  He believes fair should be equal - but that's not always the case.  Having kids so close in age is just hard.

To be honest... Regardless of drama with my momma or cell phones - I'm happy right now.  I was a little worried that buying a brand new car would put some stress on us.  But, I've signed up to earn a few extra bucks by tutoring - starting in October.  All three kids are still doing well in school.  I'm still loving every minute of my job.  And we're all healthy.  I'm just not going to sweat the small stuff.  Life has taught me that I can tackle many things - and situations that are arising right now are minor.  Yes, I'm very busy...and I love that.  I'm not going to complain about it - because this is exactly what I've been asking for.

To be honest... I should probably go and get ready for work.  It's a brand new day, and I plan on soaking up every second of it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!