Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Truths


To be honest.... I didn't feel like trying to write an intro for this week's post, because it's the exact same type of post I've written every Tuesday for as long as I can remember.  My followers don't need to be told what I'm going to write about today - because they know.  Any new people that stumble across my blog, I'm sure, can figure it out.

To be honest... I had no idea that having a child in a sport would be so exhausting.  For me.  I drove an hour and fifteen minutes away last night to watch Peanut play volleyball.  There was a total of five games, and we didn't get out of there until after 7pm.  By the time we stopped and ate some dinner and drove home - it was almost 10pm when I walked in my front door.  I left the house at 6:30am yesterday.  That's a long day!

To be honest... I willingly agreed to do it all over again tonight.  Except we're not going to watch volleyball, we're going to watch football.  Football games last forever.  But, it's for Peanut..so she can watch her boyfriend play... so a mother's got to do what a mother's got to do.  And apparently, this week, that means have hardly any sleep.


To be honest... I was a big grumpy pants while at work yesterday.  That's because there was no AC in the building all day.  Being in a room with twenty other bodies - regardless if they are only tiny bodies - left for a very hot, sweaty, grumpy teacher.  I'm praying the AC is back on today - because mixing heat with tiredness is a bad combination.  My kids may decide to hide underneath their desks all day to avoid making eye contact with me.

To be honest... I'm really excited about having the opportunity to tutor starting next week.  And that's because I'm going to actually make a few extra bucks doing it.  It's really great to know that my school district pays teachers to give up their free time to help out the students.  Not that I don't think it's a noble cause to volunteer for.  I've been a volunteer tutor before.  It just makes it that much greater knowing there's a paycheck in it for me.  AND I won't be giving up any of my free time.. (Ha! What's that?).  Being that I have to stay at the school until 6pm each night anyways, I will now be spending an hour twice a week helping some students who really need a boost.  Good stuff, right there!

To be honest... I'm becoming a little obsessed with trying to find educational games to put on my iPad...that don't cost a lot of money.  I'm really thinking about dabbling with the idea to write a few grants.  One for an iPad just for my classroom - so that my own personal iPad stays safe.  And one just to buy apps to go on it.  There are so many awesome apps out there to help kids learn, but my goodness the price starts to add up fast!  Just another thing to add to my never ending, always growing to-do list I suppose.

To be honest... I drove by a store last night that was all lit up with Christmas lights - and even had a Christmas tree in the window.  Actually, it wasn't a store.  It was a dance studio.  So, I'm not really sure why the need for Christmas decorations in September.  Maybe they are practicing for a Christmas performance.  I don't know.  What I do know is that it's no secret how opposed I am to Christmas stuff being out and about before Halloween.  But, I have to admit, I felt a warm sensation in my belly when I saw how pretty the display looked...and it gave me pangs of wanting Christmas to hurry and get here. 

To be honest... I think my cats have all decided to rally together to see which one of them will be the first to cause me a serious injury.  I can't walk anywhere without having one of the three in between my feet.  The amount of times I've almost fell not trying to step on them has become absurd.  I'm pretty sure they haven't sat down and really thought their plan out, though.  I mean, causing me to fall is like a tree falling on a squirrel.  They'll end up a lot worse for ware than I will. 

To be honest... Speaking of crazy cats made me remember this little gem I captured on Saturday.  I was relaxing on the couch, and I had all three cats curled up somewhere around me.  Over the course of the past couple of weeks, Katniss (my oldest cat) has gone from crazy, territory protector mode to momma mode with the two newest additions - Prim and Gale.  Well, back to Saturday, I was laying on the couch and Katniss was laying by my feet.  Prim then got up and went to snuggle with Katniss...and this was the end result...


How stinkin' cute is this?  They slept like that for a long time.  Now, if I could only get my human children to be as caring to one another as my feline children.... yeah, right.

To be honest... I have never considered myself to be a cat person.  But, I have to admit that my three kitties do melt my heart.  When they are not trying to trip me.  I don't even care that having three cats may or may not label me as a "cat lady".  My feline children are caring, loving, and fun.  And just like the biological children in this house - they know how to whine for food and create a mess.  It's almost like being a mother to six children instead of three - God, help me!

To be honest... I should really think about wrapping this up so that I can go and get dressed.  It's going to be another long day... so I better get to gettin'.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with a new day! You are seriously juggling it all! Super mom!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!