Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Missing the Zzzzzzz's


Yep.  Pretty sure that's going to me at some point this afternoon.  Gripping a cup of coffee for dear life, and passed out on my laptop while I'm trying to enter grades.

It was another really late night last night.  Didn't get home until 11pm.  On a school night!  I literally walked through the door, told the kids to go to bed, went straight to my room, put my jammies on, and collapsed in to bed.  And I haven't seen Hubby since 10pm Monday night - and that was only for about five minutes.  He had already left for work by the time I got home last night.

All these late nights... and yes, two nights is worthy of an "all these"... has made me decide that I'm NOT going to Peanut's game tomorrow night.  I love her.  I enjoy watching her play volleyball.  But, Oh Em Gee... I need to rest!  Not that I'll get to go to bed early or anything.  I'll still have to pick her up from school when they get back.  Which will no doubt be around 9pm, if not later.

Isn't it amazing how much we give up for our children?  Last night wasn't even one of her games - it was one of her boyfriend's games.  A football game.  And even though 7th graders play seven minute quarters - meaning a whole game should last 35 minutes with four quarters and half time - football games always last twice as long.  And I sat through TWO football games.  Lordy.

After the game I had to get the kids something to eat, because we didn't have time to eat dinner before the game.  Payton's boyfriend joined us.  And as much as I wanted to be a gracious host and give the kids some time to hang out, I sat there repeating "Eat up! Chomp, chomp.  This woman needs to get to her bed".  The poor boy probably thinks I'm a grouch, now.

Speaking of which, I'm glad that I did get to spend a little time with him.  Even though I work with his mom, I hadn't really spoken to him before.  I like his mom.  I like chatting with her about them both.  I really enjoyed spending time with her family at the game last night.  But, I hadn't really thought about whether I'd actually like him.  And the verdict is?  He seems to be a very sweet boy.  He was polite and friendly.  He's very comedic.  And he seems to care a lot about Peanut.  So, all around I'm happy.  I imagine I will get more than a shy smile or a divert of the eyes the next time I see him in the hallways. 

I had a tough decision to make this morning.  I could have reset my alarm clock and stayed in bed for another hour... but all I kept thinking about was the coffee I wouldn't get to drink if I slept in.  So, apparently, I'd much rather try to down a pot of coffee in a short amount of time than to use that time for a few extra zzz's.  I'm realizing how ridiculous that sounds now that I'm sitting here wanting nothing more than to still be in bed.

And did you know that a lack of sleep triggers allergies to be worse?  What do you mean I'm talking nonsense?  Then explain to me why the past two days my allergies have been so horrible?  I was doing just fine before the lack of sleep.  I had a few sniffles here and there - but nothing compared to the snot waterfall that's gushing out of my nose now.  And, you're welcome for the visual. Ha!

It's time, once again, to do what I do.  I'm actually looking forward to getting to spend two hours in my classroom after school.  I have a mountain of papers to be graded, grades to be entered, and I just feel like this week has flown by in a blink of an eye.  So much for trying to stay on top of stuff this week.

Next week will be better, I'm sure.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!