Sunday, October 07, 2012

Comforters, Couches, and Coughs - Oh My!

Well, not sure if anyone noticed I was missing a post yesterday... but I was.  Because I just didn't have the energy to sit at the computer.  My sniffles from Friday morning had turned in to full blown flu symptoms by the time I got home from work Friday afternoon.  There were chills.  There was fever.  There was body aches.  There was a sore throat.  And there was snot.  Lots and lots of snot. 

I pretty much fell through my front door straight in to some pajamas, and then hurled myself on the couch with a fleece blanket and a king size down comforter Friday afternoon.  And the sad thing was, in my warm pajamas, fleece blanket and down comforter - I just couldn't get warm.  My teeth were chattering, my body was shivering.  No matter how much I wrapped myself up, I just couldn't shake the chills.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't.  My nose was running so bad I just couldn't keep up with it.  I lost all sense of smell and taste.  I felt like crap.  Double crap.  Triple crap with a crap cherry on top.  And I stayed feeling that way until about 11pm last night.

I spent the day on the couch, yesterday, sleeping as much as I could and resting.  Then, finally around dinner time my nose started to ease up on being so stuffed.  I was able to breath out of one nostril.  The aches and pains I felt all over my body finally started to subside.  I started to feel some energy come back to me.

This morning, I'm not back to 100% but I'd say I'm around 80%. My nose is still a little stuffy and there's a residual cough and sore throat.   But I think I'm well enough to sit in front of my computer for a while and get my work done.  Which I have to do regardless.

If I could have picked a weekend to get sick, I guess I would have picked this one.  The temps outside haven't risen above 50 degrees.  Actually, as I'm writing this, it's only 33 degrees... just above freezing.  I'm not sure what happened in the course of the past 48 hours, but we went from temps in the 80s to temps in the 50s... the low 50s.  It was a perfect weekend to lay on the couch with a comforter, watch TV, and rest.

I had to break my lunch date with Sanity yesterday, and I also had to miss my sister's birthday.  Not that I had planned or been invited to do anything for my sister's birthday - but I figured I would have been.

So, today, I'm going to get all of my work done and then plant my behind back on the couch to watch more TV.  I deserve as much rest as I can get.  I want to be as close to 100% tomorrow as I can be.

My little darlings in my class were so nice to me on Friday.  They picked up that I wasn't feeling well and just did what they were supposed to do.  I didn't have to yell or repeat myself.  I asked, they did.  And so they were rewarded with spending the afternoon watching a movie.  I love that I can reward them with stuff like that.

But, Monday will be back to business.   And I'm ready for it.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I have been sick this week too! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!