Friday, October 05, 2012

Dear Friday - The Other Love of My Life...


Dear Friday... I'm so glad you're here!  It's been a pretty tough, long week - but now you can make all of my problems disappear.  After getting home at 9pm last night, not getting in to bed until 10, and being woken up by a nose that's running like a faucet and a sore throat at 4:30 this morning.... I couldn't be more happier that in less than 24 hours I'll be able to sleep as much as I want!

Dear Runny Nose and Sore Throat...  GO AWAY!  I don't care if you're allergies, a cold, the flu, or cat hair that's somehow found it's way up my nose to cause me this suffering - but whatever it is I DON'T WANT IT!  And it just has to be one of those runny noses that's clogged on one side and running like mad on the other.  I woke up this morning thinking I had a nose bleed my nose was running so bad...only to find out it's just snot.  And then when I try and sniff, I can only sniff on one side.  SO FRUSTRATING!  I can't get sick now.  So, I guess if you're going to be anything - be allergies.

Dear Weather Man...  I just checked the weather, and you say that it's only supposed to reach a high of 53 degrees today.  And the temps aren't going to get much warmer than that all weekend.  I pray that of all the times that you can make mistakes - this weekend isn't one of them!  My idea of a perfect weekend - especially feeling as miserable as I do right now - would be chilly weather outside, a blanket on me, laying on the couch catching up on some TV.  Seeing that weather report has already lifted my spirits and made me feel so much better.  I'll owe you big time if you pull through for me this weekend.

Dear Principal That I Work For...  That greeting sounded terrible, I apologize.  But, I'm not really sure you want me using your real name.  Anywho, I just want to say that if you hadn't already blessed my life enough with making my dreams come true by hiring me - you continue to show me each day how blessed I am to have been given a job in your school.  Last night, you showed me how a community can come together and support a school.  Having a family night with the theme of "Ghost Stories Around the Camp Fire" was just genius.  I've been to some fun family nights before - but NOTHING compared to last night.  I've never seen so many people show up for a school event.  Real fire pits, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows on the fire, and ghost stories being told was amazing.  I've heard that there were 412 people that showed up last night -and that's just awesome!  I am so happy that you picked me to be a part of your team so that I can be a part of the big picture I can see you putting together for the students in our school.

Dear S'Mores.... I'm not a big fan, surprisingly enough.  I never thought there would be anything that involved chocolate that I wouldn't be a fan of.  But, I didn't care from them much before last night - and now I just don't even want to think about another s'more.  While I had such a great time last night, my job was to put together the "fixin's" for probably 300 s'mores.  Graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallow... repeat.  Over and over and over.  There's only so many times I can let those three things move across my hands before I just get sick of them.  And, I believe I've finally reached that point.  But, you brought happiness to a lot of kids and families last night - so I guess it was all worth it.

Dear Jelly.... I sure hope you're feeling well enough to stay at school today. I know you've been waiting for this day for a while - and I hate to think that you'll have to miss out because of not feeling good.  Today is your Trik-A-Thon where you will get to ride tricycles to raise money for St. Jude's Hospital.  It's all you've talked about for the past week, so I sure hope you have the strength to get through it today. 


Dear Me...  I know this has been a bit of an emotional week.  With Jelly being sick, having to go to volleyball games, new teacher meetings, and family night - you've spread yourself really thin.  You and I both know that you're feeling under the weather today because you're so exhausted.  Regardless of all that, you've had a very productive week.  You've stayed on top of your deadlines.  You don't have piles and piles of grading to get done today.  Your students seem to have done really well this week.  You deserve a weekend free from working...almost free from working.  I know that you'll want to plan this weekend, and that's OK.  But, promise me you won't go off on some kick of wanting to start new projects or start cleaning or any other crazy idea.  You just need to spend the next two days recharging.  You need to keep your plan of going to have lunch with Sanity tomorrow.  You need to get out of the house for a little while to do something for YOU.  But, other than that, keep your behind firmly planted in bed or on the couch.  That's what laptops and iPads were invented for if you insist on doing something with a computer.  Regardless of how much you always think you have to do, you won't be any good to anyone if you run yourself to the point of being so exhausted you end up out of work for a day or two because you're sick.  Promise me - Rest This Weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think that sounds like an amazing school event and I hope you get heaps of sleep this weekend and that cold goes away!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!