Friday, October 12, 2012

Dear Life...


Dear Weather Man... BLESS YOU!!  Finally, the relief I have been wanting for months has arrived.  Gone are the uncomfortable temps and even the temps that weren't really uncomfortable, but still too darn hot to endure when there's no AC in my classroom.  I have been able to snuggle under my comforter each night, had to put on a light jacket each day, and I couldn't be happier with the mild fall like weather we've been having.  Keep up the good work!

Dear 4th Grade Teachers I Work With...  I've said this before and I'll say it again - thank you so much for being so supportive, helpful, and understanding during this very trying time of my life.  I really don't think I would have been able to make it through the past couple of weeks without you - and I'm not a person that would normally admit something like that.  I have felt a level of frustration I don't think I've ever felt before, but you have both been there each day to offer encouragement and support whenever I need it.  I truly feel that there was a cosmic force that brought me to your team, and no matter how defeated I feel - I know you'll be there to help get me through it.

Dear Peanut's Boyfriend's Mother... I don't think I can express in words how happy I am that our children have found each other...and for a totally selfish reason.  The friendship that has developed between us since our kids have started dating has been just what I've needed.  While I have an amazing team that I work with, it's so nice to have someone that I can talk to outside of work that can understand and relate to the frustrations and feelings I have each day.

Dear Evil Voice Inside My Head.... GO AWAY!  I am sick and tired of you showing up each day and trying to convince me that I'm not the teacher I think I am.  No matter how much you're able to get in there and spread your lies and doubt, I will defeat you!  Just because life isn't a sweet bed of roses doesn't mean I will ever give up.  The challenges and obstacles that are thrown my way each day just motivate me to do better - be better.  It may take me a little while to find my momentum, discover the path that I should be creating for the kids that I'm teaching - but I will get there.  You can absolutely count on that.

Dear Sanity... I am SO looking forward to our lunch together tomorrow.  I was sad I had to miss last week because I was sick, but I'm better now - and completely ready to see you!  I can't believe that it's been almost 3 months since we last saw each other.  That just can't happen!  With as much work as I have planned for this week, a lunch with you will be just what I need to get me through it.  I hope you're not going to be in any hurry, cause I have a feeling our lunch may take a while.  HA!

Dear Me... I don't need to really tell you what I'm about to tell you because you already know.  YOU GOT THIS!  If you got a classroom full of kids that knew everything or was able to learn everything with the first lesson, you'd get bored way too quickly.  Never stop telling yourself why you became a teacher:  To help kids.  What better way to do that than by working with the kids that you're working with?  Remind yourself that you was given these kids for a reason.  Follow your heart and those ideas that are swirling around in your head.  I know you feel like there just isn't enough hours in the day to do what you want to do... but you're going to have to get over that.  If it requires spending an entire night in front of the computer so that you can create all of the lessons and plans that YOU want to create - then DO IT!  You know what you have to do, you have all of the tools to do it.... time can't be an excuse to keep you from it.  Guess what?  The more time you waste trying to "just get by" is going to add up quickly and before you know it, it will be May and those kids will be expected to take a test to see how much you've taught them.  You know that test is coming, you know how important it is... do what you do and teach those kids!  I'm pretty sure you didn't spend hundreds of dollars on books and materials to use in your classroom just for them to sit there and collect dust while you try and "make do" with the stuff you're using now.  Stop doubting yourself.  Stop living in this little pity party you've created for yourself.  Stop allowing yourself to get frustrated and feeling defeated.  You have the power to change all of this.  Dig deep, find the power again, and start blasting!  I have full faith in you.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!