Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Stone Cold Truth


To be honest... Yesterday was one of my most less stressful days of working since school began.  I'm pretty sure it's because I felt confident, and that's a feeling I haven't really had at all since school started.  Now that I'm building and writing my own reading lessons, I feel a lot more in control. 

To be honest... For the first time in a long time, I felt a real pang of missing my thinner self yesterday.  I was looking at a friend's graduation pic from college and noticed that she'd lost a lot of weight since graduation.  It hit me that my story is the complete opposite.  The day I graduated college, I was at one of my lowest adulthood weights.  I've gained 40lbs since then.  I kinda want that thinner me back.  Again.

To be honest... I weighed myself this morning.  Something I haven't done in months.  I felt very relieved to see that I haven't gained any weight since the last time I weighed.  Even though I haven't lost any weight, I've managed to maintain my weight.  I'll take that, being that I haven't thought about what I'm eating or how much I'm eating since I don't know when.

To be honest... I have no idea why I always decide I want to try and lose some weight at the worst time of year.  We're only two weeks away from Halloween, a month away from Thanksgiving, and two months away from Christmas.  Not the ideal time to be thinking of dropping a few pounds when it's the two months out of the year I don't want to think about not being able to eat.

To be honest... I've decided that I'm not getting up at 4:30am anymore.  I'm going to reset my alarm to 5am.  An hour and a half is more than enough time to drink some coffee, write my blog, and get dressed ready for work.  It's amazing how much better I feel with just an extra 30 minutes of sleep each morning.

To be honest... I'm hoping that now I'm feeling a lot better about my stress situation, I'll be able to find my written sense of humor again.  My writing lately has been so freakin' dry.  I put myself back to sleep reading some of the stuff I've written lately. That has to change.  No wonder nobody ever comments anymore.

To be honest... I'm really nervous about my first parent/teacher conferences next week.  Nervous and a little excited.  Speaking to parents isn't really my strong point, but thankfully I don't have any really negative news I have to deliver either.  That always makes it easier, I guess.  I just hope that the parents show up. 

To be honest... I'm having a hard time coming up with anymore stuff to be honest about.  So, I guess that's it for me today.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!