Saturday, October 27, 2012

This Just Isn't Right!

It is right now, at this very second, 7:25AM on a Saturday morning.  And I've already been out of bed for an hour.  It's not worth asking me why, because you know I will get to that.  What I can tell you right now is that it JUST ISN'T RIGHT!

I have been off work since Thursday afternoon, and I've been up early both yesterday and today.  Tomorrow is the last day of my break, and I can't sleep in too late on a Sunday because then I won't go to bed early enough tomorrow night. 

I just don't get why all of a sudden I've turned in to that woman who gets out of bed early when she doesn't have to.  Sleep used to be my "thing".  I could sleep for 12 hours straight and still take a nap in the afternoon.  I could sleep until noon if I wanted.  And I could sure as heck wake up and go right back to sleep if I needed to.  But, not anymore.  Now, if I wake up - that's it, I'm awake.

My cats woke me up this morning, knocking a box over off of a cabinet in my bedroom.  It was one of those loud, crashing sounds that throws you out of slumber with your heart racing and wondering what the heck is going on.  If that wasn't bad enough, they then took on the task of trying to break in to the snake tank.  Urm, kitties - you better be glad I was already awake to stop that from happening.  I'm pretty sure neither of you would have made it out of that tank unscathed.  Not that my snake is mean, but when something furry enters in to his domain - he expects it to be dinner.

So, after that whole debacle, I was wide awake - and so was Hubby and Jelly (who had apparently sneaked her way in to our bed at some point). 

Since getting up a little over an hour ago I've already fed the cats, had a cup of coffee, finished up my reading lesson plans, and written an email to Santa with Jelly.  Quite the productive morning I suppose, being that I'm a little cranky and not happy about being up before the sun.

Getting up this early when I didn't really need to put me into the Christmas spirit just a little.  Jelly and I started a conversation about her wanting to play on my iPhone and me mentioning that she should probably write a letter to Santa asking for her own thing to play on.  That, of course, is what got me to writing an email to the big guy.  Don't you just love technology?  No longer do my children need to write letters, they can now fill in a form online and receive an instant response.  Apparently, internet service in the North Pole is top notch!

I don't like getting these Christmas feelings so early.  They lead to me wanting to go Christmas shopping - and that's something I'd really like to wait on just a little while.  So, I guess sitting in front of the computer and making lists or coming up with ideas could suffice until it's time to go out and do the actual deed.

It just feels so weird to be sitting here on a Saturday with my work all done and no real plan of action for the day.  I have to clean, but who really wants to think about that?  Not me, that's for sure.  I need to get my laundry done.. but, again... not really something I'm looking forward to.  Maybe after I get all of the not fun stuff out of the way, I could curl up on the couch with a movie I haven't seen in forever and just enjoy some relaxation.  There we go, that sounds much better.

Oh well, better get to that not so fun stuff while I actually have the motivation to do it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have that same problem.. Internal alarm clocks are the devil! lol

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!