Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Truthful Tuesday


To be honest... I think that every Monday should be Pajama day at work.  I got to wear my jammies yesterday for Spirit Week, and I've never been more comfortable.  If I was able to wear pajamas every week - at least for a day - then I'd pass over the point of loving my job to being in pure paradise.

To be honest... I felt like a rock star parent last night because I picked up Peanut's boyfriend from football practice and took him with us to see Peanut play volleyball.  It's her first boyfriend that I've spent any amount of time with - and it felt weird and cool all at the same time.  He seems to be a good kid, and cares a lot for Peanut.  He cheered for her the entire game - and wasn't afraid to show it.

To be honest... While I've heard my share of "Peanut's too young to have a boyfriend", I remember back to when I was in 7th grade and had my first boyfriend.  Having parents that were OK with me having a boyfriend when I was in 7th grade made me a lot more willing to speak to them if I had a problem or questions or to just generally share how my life was going.  And I'm seeing that with Peanut.  She enjoys talking to me, she shares pretty much everything with me, and I don't want to harm that relationship.  Peanut is a very smart girl, and has her head on her shoulders very firmly.  She makes awesome grades, is motivated by extracurricular activities, and I think she has the right to be a little boy crazy.  Plus, she's dating a teacher's son...not just any teacher, but a teacher that is two doors down from me at school.  If she's going to have a boyfriend, I couldn't think of a better boy than that.

To be honest... I really wish I had an organization fairy that would come in to my classroom at night and organize all the stuff that I can't seem to find the right places for.  No matter how much I try to get rid of all the clutter that keeps piling up on my desk, it's all back there by the end of the day.  Clutter on my desk makes me cranky.  An organization fairy would make all of that better...and me less cranky.

To be honest... I'm very aware that my blog content lately has been on the dry side.  But, I'm doing the best that I can.  My blog used to be the place where I could let all of my thoughts and feelings out... but my head is now so jumbled with constant thoughts, ideas, deadlines, and to-do lists that it's darn near impossible to let all of that out.  I'd be here for days writing about it all.  So, I'm trying to let small amounts of content trickle out of me...and it's not always the interest stuff that comes out.  Along with an organization fairy, I also need a brain filter that will allow for good writing material to leak out of my head and not interfere with the party of crazy that's going on in there right now.

To be honest... I would really like to have back those weeks where I spent two hours after school each day working.  The last couple of weeks have been super busy.  This week, I had a volleyball game last night, I have a new teacher meeting this evening, and I have a family night event on Thursday - as well as Peanut having a game.  That means that three nights this week, I will be home after 8pm.  And I won't even have any time to work after school.  And people wonder why my writing has suffered so much. Humph!

To be honest... I can't say this enough, and I know I've said it many times before, but regardless of any belly aching I do about my job - I still 100% believe I have the best job in the world.  Even though I've only been teaching for a couple of months, there hasn't been a day that's gone by where I've regretted becoming a teacher.  In fact, if it's even possible, I am even more excited with each day that goes by.  Yes, the hours are long and the work is hard - but it's also the most rewarding and fulfilling job I could ever imagine having.  I also continue to be reaffirmed that I'm teaching in the school I'm meant to be in.  No matter how much doubt I had in the beginning - there's not a trace of it left, now.  I am in a wonderful school.  I work with the most amazing teachers.  And I have never felt so much support or encouragement than I have in the past two months.  Who needs sleep when I have such an amazing life to be awake for?

To be honest... I seriously can't wait to do some Christmas shopping.  I know that's a little from the left field with what I've been talking about... but it's another one of those random leakage moments that's slipped from my brain.  Seeing all of the Christmas stuff out in the stores has kinda had an impact on me.  Knowing that there's only 50 days until Thanksgiving excites me... but that means that there's only 84 days until Christmas.  That's not many at all.  I remember that there have been several years in the past where I'm done with my Christmas shopping by now.  I think I might try and wedge out an afternoon in the next couple of weeks to get on that.

To be honest... I really need to go and do something crazy with my hair.  Today is Crazy Hair Day.  I absolutely LOVE Spirit Weeks.  Dressing up and being silly for the kids is so much fun.  Although, I'm thinking about the meeting that I have to attend after school at the administration building, and I'm wondering just how crazy I want to get.  Guess we'll have to see...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!