Friday, January 09, 2015

So Glad It's Friday!!

Well, I've just about made it through the first school year of 2015, and overall I'll say it's been a pretty darn good week.  The kiddos came back to school a little tired, but ready to get the second half of the year going with full force.

Even though I've been in a weird funk all week, it hasn't affected how I am in the classroom.  One thing I pride myself on is the fact that I can separate my personal life from my work life.  The minute I hit the door of the school building, everything going on outside gets pushed to the back of my mind and I have only one focus:  My Students.

There's been a few changes to my class roster, and I even got a new student.  Despite the changes, the kiddos haven't let it affect anything and I've been so proud of their effort since we got back.  I was a little worried that I was going to lose the momentum that I'd built up in them over the break, but it looks as though I don't have to worry.  They are ready and willing to jump right back in it with both feet.

The weather this week has been frigidly cold, which has meant no recess.  Normally, a whole week without recess would mean kids that have a hard time focusing or a lot of pent up energy that's dying for a release.  It goes to show how awesome my class is, because the lack of recesses hasn't affected them a bit.  We put a movie on during our recess time and they sit and relax.  I think it's been good for them... almost like a nap time minus the nap.  They can relax their brains and the calmness in the room helps to mellow them out for the rest of the afternoon.  I can't say I've seen that happen too often, but I'm definitely not going to complain.  

Yesterday, I weighed in for the partner weight loss challenge at work.  I decided I'd have another go, even though I haven't managed to win a single time.  I have a partner, and she and I plan on really giving this competition a strong go.  I weighed in about 3lbs less than when the last competition ended, which is great.  I gained back about 5lbs after the competition ended, and then lost weight over Christmas break.  So, I'm ready to keep going with it and maybe... just maybe... I'll be able to win some money.  I have been very cautious with my eating, and I plan on continuing with what I'm doing.  Also, as soon as the temps get above the freezing mark, I plan on getting out for some much needed exercise.  I really think that will help with everything going on in my head, and will help me sleep and stuff.  

This weekend I have so much that I need to get done.  I still haven't taken down the Christmas decorations, I have a ton of laundry to do, and I need to start preparing for going back to school next Wednesday.  Even though I have all that stuff to do, I've got plans to see some friends.  I may or may not get everything done that I'm supposed to get done, but I'm not stressing about it.  I want the weekends to be less work, more play.  I'm just going to have to figure out a compromise on how I can fit all of my mommy duties in with my extracurricular activities.  

One thing I am good at, though, is multitasking.  I'm a boss at getting stuff done, even when there's no time.  Everything will get done even if it means staying up late or getting up super early.  It's all about time management and prioritizing. 

I managed to get a full night of sleep last night, and I feel great this morning.  It's amazing what some sleep can do for a person.. HA!!  I think I managed to get to the point where I was just so exhausted that I had to shut down early and sleep all night.  That's what happened, and I feel completely recharged and refocused this morning.  My head is clear, and I'm full of energy.  I don't have that groggy feeling I've felt all week.  It feels good, and hopefully it means that I'm getting back in to the swing of my old routine.  

OK, I should probably go and get ready for work.  

Have a great Friday, everyone!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!