Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shredding Away Regrets

I am so happy to report that I made it through my first day of my Operation: No Regrets with absolutely NO REGRETS!

I ate perfectly, I drank probably close to 100ozs of water yesterday, and I completed Level 1 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  I am also happy to report that I have increased my push-up total from 3 on Tuesday to 5 as of yesterday.  The push-ups are for Operation: Body Fail...which is another challenge I'm taking part in.

Up until last Friday, I had totally forgotten that I even owned the 30 Day Shred.  I bought it along time ago - and I now vaguely remember doing the level 1 work-out once...and then never attempting it again because it was just too hard.

Now, I've done it twice and I'm thinking it's going to be my new favorite work-out for the next few weeks... especially while I'm snowed in.

I'm still struggling with the Level 1 work-out...which isn't a bad thing.  I can do all of the exercises - but I feel like I've really pushed myself once I'm done - and that's what I'm looking for in a work-out.  Even though it's only 20 minutes, I'm getting a mixture of strength, cardio and ab work rolled in to one...can't beat that, right?

Today, I'm thinking I might try one of my Biggest Loser work-out DVDs to accompany the shred.  I own Last Chance Work-Out and Cardio Max...neither one has the plastic even removed from the case - so that's motivation right there.  I may find another piece of work-out treasure in one of those cases - and there's only one way to find out.

As far as my food goes - I have a confession to make.  Don't worry...it's not bad.  You know my policy is to not count calories, right?  It's a big pain in the caboose - in my opinion.  I did decide (last week) to start writing out all of my meals for the week...when previously I was just planning my dinners.  I don't keep a food "journal" writing down food after I've eaten it, I just stick to what I've planned for myself.  Where was I? Oh, yes, counting calories.  Well, I'm still not counting calories, per say, but I found that yesterday I was paying close attention to how many calories were in everything that I ate.

Every time I prepared one of my meals, I found myself counting up everything that I was eating.  My breakfast was 280 calories, my lunch was 340 calories, my dinner was about 500 calories, and I had a 140 calorie snack and a 150 calorie snack.  For a grand total for the day of:  1410 calories!!  I'm pretty impressed with that.  I can't say that I'm going to all of a sudden start counting my calories all of the time - but I like having an estimate of how many calories I'm consuming...so I might try the rounding technique that I'm doing now.

So, go ahead all of you dedicated calorie counters - have your little victory dance on my account. I'll wait.

The way I look at it, not counting my calories - even estimating - could be a regret I have when I step on the scale next week.  Even though, I will know what I ate - and assume that I did well - I have a feeling that little "well, if you had taken more notice of the calories you were eating...." voice will pop into my head.  That's a possibility for a regret - and it's NOT allowed this week.

There you have it, folks.  Feeling G-R-E-A-T after my first day.  Going to keep going strong today.  I have another day home because of snow, I have running water and working sewage pipes....it's a great day.
That's it for today...

Those of you participating in Operation: No Regrets, how was your day yesterday?
Those of you that aren't - wanna join us?

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!