Monday, April 25, 2011

Mini Goal Monday: The Final Countdown


Wow, it seems like forever since I've posted a mini goal list or posted first thing in the morning.  My schedule has been all out of whack lately - so I'm going to try and get myself back on track.

It's still raining.  Hasn't stopped since Friday.  It has no plans of stopping all day.  That's three whole days of rain, rain, and more rain.  I feel like my house is turning more into a boat house with all the water that's currently surrounding it.

This week starts the final countdown to my Race for the Cure on Saturday.  I sure hope the rain has gone away by then.  I did the race last year while it poured with rain - would really rather not have a repeat of that situation this year.

I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to get out and run this weekend.  Thank you to those of you that sent me some work-out suggestions.  It wasn't the working out I was upset over - I really needed to be out and practicing for my race.  I haven't exactly been on top of it, lately, so this weekend was super important.  I just hope that I can get a couple of good practice runs in this week.  I've decided not to stress to much over it - as long as I compete, and I finish, I will be happy.

So, what's on the to-do list this week?  Well..
  • Try to run at least 2 miles 3 days this week
  • Drink plenty of water - at least 60ozs per day
  • Get back to waking up at 4am
  • Post my blog each morning - before leaving for work
  • Push myself HARD on Saturday to finish the 5K strong
It's going to be a long week this week.  I'm teaching solo.  I have some great stuff planned, but I know that I will be exhausted each day.  I'm going to have to really suck it up and not let myself bail out of running...even if it's pouring down rain.

It's down to the wire now.  I have just 11 days left in the classroom and three weeks until graduation.  I can't believe it's so close.  This whole semester has disappeared before my eyes.  It seems like only a few weeks ago I was posting about Christmas and New Year - and here half the year is almost over.

I've really been thinking about the summer - and what I want to do with my time off.  Running is at the top of that list - but being that I will be home during the day, I will also have a chance to really explore some other activities.  I think I'm finally going to get to use my Pilates ball and work-out DVD.  I will be able to get back to daily Yoga.  My Zumba dance game is also going to get a nice dusting off, me thinks. 

This year, I want to finally reach my goal weight.  That's not going to happen overnight - especially if I keep the pace I've been keeping.  I have to do more - I know that.  Having the time off will be a big start to that plan.  Just getting down below 200lbs will be a big incentive - and a big push in the right direction.  I've been sitting looking at that goal line for far too long now...it's time to get there.

Well, it's time to get ready for work.  I will be posting a guest post this week - stay on the look-out.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!