Friday, April 08, 2011

Operation: Hot Sauce!!

I've got really exciting news to share with you all today.

Somehow, writing the post I did yesterday got rid of all that negative ju-ju I've been carrying around.

Let me build up by saying that I really don't ever go on vacation.  The last time I went on vacation was 2 1/2 years ago when Hubby and I took the kids away for a couple of days - in state - to visit a theme park.

I haven't been on vacation out of the state in several years.

Eight years ago, I went to California with my mom to watch a taping of American Idol.  We were there for 5 days.  Six years ago, I went to Atlanta with two of my good friends to watch the Final Four NCAA championships (that we didn't actually go and watch).  We were there for 4 days.  Both trips were won off of radio contests...yes, I was a lucky person back then.

Since then, and the little weekend getaway 2 1/2 years ago, that's been the extent of my vacations since I was a little girl.

So, yesterday was class day.  The one day a week that I get to see my besty, Sanity.  After class, we slip on down to the little bar/ restaurant that's located in the building where our class is held and catch up on the week's events.  I can't leave my other buddy, Amos out of this.  She's usually right there with us.  I love her, too.

Anywho, so we're all dishing our week's adventures, our current situations with finding a job (or lack thereof), and just shooting the breeze.  After three hours of sitting there, we decide it's time we probably think about heading home - we had work the next day.

Then, Sanity shares with us that her parents and her have planned a big trip to New Orleans after graduation.  I make a little "wow, wish I could go" joke and she looks at me and says "I want you to go!! Do you think you could?" 

At first my mind automatically goes to that "there's no way I could pull that off" place.  Thinking about child care, money, all that jazz.  She tells me the hotel and travel are covered - all I'd have to do is find money to use to eat and buy souvenirs.   Then I look at the dates and realize that my teenage brother and sister will be out of school by then... my kids are not so lucky.  They could possibly baby sit.

As I'm sitting there and the more we're talking about it - I start to get excited.  What if I could pull it off?  I haven't been on vacation in FOREVER!!  I'm graduating and deserve a little graduation gift, right?

Well, guess what?  I call my mom - tell her everything - she tells me that they'll figure out childcare for me.  SCORE!!! I rush home...the big hurdle is yet to be jumped over... HUBBY.  So, I walk in, eyelashes batting... yeah, that never works... he knew I was after something.

I explain everything to him - first words "how can we pull that off?  I work nights!"  I tell him I've already secured child care.  He doesn't look exactly thrilled - but tells me that he doesn't mind me going.  I later find out that he was planning on booking that week off for vacation... which he didn't tell me about.  He's going to try and switch the week - because, well, he doesn't want to spend his week of vacation time alone babysitting the kids.

So as of right now - I'm going to LOUISIANA after graduation!!!


The trip is going to be 6 days... we're leaving at the butt crack of dawn May 24th and coming home May 29th.  We'll be going to Bourbon Street and other touristy places AND we'll be going to the BEACH!!  Hello!!  How friggin' awesome is that??

To help with all this excitement, I'm introducing myself to a new challenge... Operation: Hot Sauce.  It's going to be my focus between now and May 23rd - when I leave for the trip. 

I've got to start kicking myself in to high gear if I'm going to be OK with sporting my bathing suit out in public!!  I'm upping the intensity of my work-outs.  I'm going to put myself into PURE DEDICATION mode.  Not only am I working on getting healthier and thinner - which should be my focus every single day - but now I'm actually working towards something. 

I have six weeks to do the best that I can.  I want to be able to buy a few new outfits to take with me - and I would LOVE to be able to buy a size smaller than I'm in.... or maybe fit in to the size 14s that I've already bought and are waiting to be worn.  I will have to buy a new bathing suit - because the one from last year is way too big. 

Here I go.  Day one of Operation: Hot Sauce commences in 5, 4, 3, 2,......GO!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

4 comments:

  1. You are going to ROCK this! What a great motivator!!! BTW, I love the name, Operation: Hot Sauce. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you, Joanna! That is awesome! We were in New Orleans 2 years ago but just for the night before we boarded the cruise. We loved it and want to go back for a longer time. I hope you have an AWESOME time (I know you will!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fantastic. And from what you say it is long overdue and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy and excited for you!! You are waaaay overdue for a vacay girl. And with all your hard work-in school, at home-well, I'm just thrilled for you! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!