Tuesday, April 05, 2011

More of Information on Guest Posting

So, this morning I made a very quick announcement that I'm currently looking for guest posters for my blog.  I was amazed at the response I received in such a short time.

First off, let me say THANK YOU to all of you that offered so quickly.  It means a lot to me.  I will respond to each of you personally to make arrangements, but I wanted to put a little more thought in to explaining what I am looking for.

As you all know, I write this blog daily.  It has become a part of my daily routine - one that I have no plan on changing.  Writing a daily blog - especially about one specific topic - can be hard...finding new material is definitely a challenge.

I decided that it might help me a little if I opened up my blog to some guest posters - those people that are traveling the same journey I am..succeeding in different ways - but still succeeding.  Sometimes, it's nice to hear something from a different perspective.

So, I am going to host a guest blogger once every couple of weeks - that will change to once a week if it I'm able to.  Each time, I'll share a link to the guest poster's blog.  In return, I only ask that you mention on your blog that you're doing a guest post here - and give me a little shout out. 

I'm always looking for new followers...so opening my door to guest bloggers can often be a great way to find new people to read my story.

To start with, I'm going to start with guest posters sharing their success story.  The post will include a little about you, what started you on the journey to weight loss, what you're doing to reach your goals, your support system, stuff like that. 

As time goes on, I hope to ask people to guest post about specifics - fitness, weight loss programs, healthy eating...those kinds of topics.

In addition to opening my blog up to guest posters, I'm also looking for bloggers who would be willing to do a little "blog swap".  That means you do a guest post here, and I do a guest post for you.  It can be posted on the same day - if that's something you're interested in - if not...we can work out the logistics.

I often have a hard time coming up with new material to post here - but that doesn't mean I wouldn't LOVE to share my story or a little insight on living this crazy lifestyle over in your neck of the woods.

So, what is the criteria I'm looking for?

First off, you have to be a follower of my blog AND read my blog.  I really want someone that knows what kind of blogger I am - and is somewhat familiar with "how I roll"

Second, I am not looking to promote any specific products or weight loss programs.  If you want to guest post just so you can promote your diet shakes, supplements, diet pills, etc. - then this is not the gig for you.  I want real life, from the heart stories on why you decided to change your lifestyle and get healthy.  I don't mind you sharing if you're using supplements or products - but I'm much more on the hunt for those that are making a lifestyle change. (That means healthy eaters, exercisers, etc.)

Third, you don't HAVE to be a blogger.  If you come here and read my blog - but haven't started a blog of your own...don't worry.  I'm not that much of a fame whore that I'm going to require someone to have a blog.  I think a blog is a great way to share success - so if you'd love to do that by posting your story here...then I'd be honored to have you.

That's about it.

So, if you're interested - and haven't contacted me by email already - please send me an email.  In the email, give me the link to your blog and a little blurb about why you want to write a guest post.  I will email you back and set up the specifics.

Thanks again for all the interest.  I'm super excited to get this started.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!