Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tornados & Tendinitis

Wow, what a night it was last night.

I got a message from Sanity about going out to eat dinner - and I accepted.  Not for the food, but for the company.  It was a long week, and I was excited about getting out for a little "girl" time with her and my other friend, Amos.

As I was driving to the restaurant, the sky was getting darker and darker.  I knew we were in for some storms, and I just hoped I'd make it before the clouds opened up and released the impending down pour.  I made it... phew.

While I'm sitting and talking and laughing, my phone starts going off....text message from my mentor, text message and missed call from my mom, Facebook message from pseudo MIL.... uh oh, something's going on.

Each message asked where I was and if I was OK - urm, yeah.... I was fine....what the heck was going on?

Well, after responding to the texts and then getting on my number one source for News:  Facebook.... I realized that a tornado had touched down one town over from my house - and was heading that way.  Within a matter of 10 minutes, another tornado had been confirmed to have touched down just 3 miles away from my house.

Of course, panic set in.  Hubby was at home with the kiddos.  We live in the boondocks - can't hear any tornado sirens.  We also have DirectTV, so if there's a flutter of a storm - the TV goes out. 

I called Hubby.  He told me they were fine - didn't know about the tornadoes - but the weather really wasn't doing much.  Then he said it started hailing BIG TIME. 

Luckily, the tornadoes were short lived - and disappeared before getting close to my house.  Because the weather was so bad - and more tornadoes were possible - I decided to hang out with Sanity and her man back at their house until the worst was over.

We basically sat outside watching the sky do magical things.  The sky was an eerie green color.  There was no wind - not even a slight breeze.  The air was thick and muggy.  I felt like Helen Hunt from Twister.  It felt like at any moment the sky would open up and a funnel would appear.  We saw some really cool lightening, we watched as the clouds rotated....we realized we were dumb asses standing outside in it - but was intrigued, so we continued.  Luckily, it all passed - and no major damage occurred.

I finally decided I was safe enough to drive home.  In the car, I started getting shooting pains in my wrist up to my elbow.  It felt weird - and was very painful.  I got home - was so exhausted from the long day and evening's events that I decided to go straight to bed.  All night long, my arm was so painful.  It woke me up several times.

I'm not really sure that it's tendinitis, but that's what I'm thinking.  It's so painful.  It's making typing and writing difficult - but gotta deal with it.  I have a lot of work to get done today.  The pain is starting to subside a little - but still dull and achy. 

OK, time for me to spend my day getting my work done....still storms and rain in the area - so it's a stay at home day for me.

Happy Saturday, Everyone!!

Till next time. ;)
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!