Saturday, September 03, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

It's Saturday - and the beginning of a 3 day weekend! OH YEAH!!  It's also the day I want to give my brain a break...and so it's time for some BYOC!!

I copy and paste questions that the amazing Draz comes up with.  I then answer those questions so that you can learn more about me....as scary as that may be.

So you ready?  Here goes:

1. If you have a camera and have the time – take the contents of your purse out – and take a picture of said contents and explain them. If you don’t have time or a camera – please describe the contents of your purse.

I may have three days off, but I'm not using it to take pictures of all the crap that's inside my purse.. HA!  I had to take a pic of my purse, though...cause I want to show it off.  It's my most favorite of all my purses:


Inside this beautiful purse, I have a matching pink clutch wallet, a pink skull coin purse, a few lipsticks (that I never wear), a couple of chap sticks, check book holder, sunglasses, ID badge for work, several pens, a mechanical pencil, my keys, headphones, Sucrets, bottle of perfume, a pink necklace, a butterfly hair clip (Jelly's), a bulldog clip, feminine products, and some Kleenexes.

2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing if you have a relationship with this person or if the person even exists and you try to describe the person in 5 words or short sentences.


• Your kindergarten teacher

Kind
Sweet
Smelled good
Soft spoken
Accent

Even though I didn't actually go to kindergarten - I went to the English version.  She was my first "real" teacher, and I have always remembered her.  Her name was Miss Oliver.  She was from Scotland, I believe, and had the coolest accent.  I have always remembered her smell, and until I was an adult - I never knew what kind of perfume she wore.  That was, until one day, I smelled the smell on a random woman - and asked what kind of perfume she was wearing.  It was Poison.  I have always loved that smell....and it's so weird that I've never forgotten it. 

Miss Oliver is the person I credit for my first intention of ever knowing what I wanted to be when I grew up....it's too bad she has no idea or will never know that she was the person to inspire me to become a teacher.

3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure / trashy TV show you like to watch?

There isn't a show I watch that I would consider to be "trashy".  Well, maybe TMZ.  That's my biggest guilty pleasure and trashy TV show.  I watch it every night - and yes, I DVR it.  I don't know why I like it so much....maybe it's because I like staying involved what's happening in the celeb world - and there's a big chance I'm going to see a hottie without a shirt.  Guilty Pleasure!!

Oh, and I forgot about People's Court.  I suppose it would fall on the trashy pile in some people's opinions.  I don't watch it religiously, but I do DVR it - and will watch it when I have nothing else to watch.

My other favorite shows that are DVR'd every week:  America's Got Talent, Hell's Kitchen, Suits, In Plain Sight, Leverage, True Blood (I'm addicted to this one), Rescue Me, Wilfred, Ghost Hunters, Ricky Garvais Show, American Idol, Heavy, and Biggest Loser.

Holy rat balls - I watch a lot of TV.  Would you believe me if I told you that I only watch about two hours of TV a day?  No?  Well, it's true!! You should see my DVR list right now - I have a lot of catching up to do!!

4. A lot of you told me about your first day of school experiences when I posted about how my 5 year old going to kindergarten wasn’t causing me too much heartache. So now I’m officially asking – tell me about one of your first day of school experiences that sticks out in your mind the most. Who put you on the bus? Did you ride the bus? Did your parents take pics? Did they walk you into school? Drive you there? Cook you breakfast?

I don't remember my first day of school.  I know that there were no pictures or riding a school bus because I've never seen the pics - and in England, there are no school buses.

I've also just realized that I don't remember the first day I took either Peanut or Butter to school.  How horrible is that?  Sorry, Draz - but it appears we have a tie for the Mother of the Year award.  I don't remember my kids' first day of school....there are pictures that I have - from their classrooms on the first day, but it doesn't help ring any bells.

It makes me realize that it's been 7 years since Peanut's first day, and 6 years for Butter's. 

I can tell you who both of their teachers were.  I can tell you things they did during their first year of school - but remember that actual day?  Nope.

Every year since, the tradition has been to go back to school shopping the week before school starts.  We go to Open House each year.  The night before, I approve first day clothes, make sure they have all of their stuff ready, and send them to bed early....so they're fully rested for their first day.

The next morning, I again make sure they have everything they need, approve clothing, and then send them off to the bus stop.

This question has made me sad.  I think a mother should remember their child's first day of kindergarten forever.  I know that I didn't cry - not that I recall.  Was it not that big of a deal for me?  I guess not.  Thankfully, it hasn't scarred either of my children.  They enjoy their first day of school every year - and every day after that for the rest of the year.  That's a good thing, right?

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

Real life has been fantastic!!  My first week at my new job is over, and I loved every single minute of it.  I'm making some great connections, and truly enjoy working with the fantastic administration, teachers, and staff at the school.  Everyone has made me feel welcome and appreciated. 

Blog land has been a reflection on how real life has been going.  I've thrown in a few sentimental moments....like saying NO to donuts, and talking about my family... but other than that it's all been about how happy I am with my job.

OK, so if you haven't already written your own BYOC - and you're having a hard time thinking about what to write about today - why don't you copy these questions, answer them, and then share them with me?  I'll be waiting.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

3 comments:

  1. 1. a SKULL coin purse? Do you know I love girly skull things? LOVE it.
    2. Biggest Loser is a fave of mine too.
    3. I read your post on your family and honestly? It hit too close to home for me to comment. The pain I feel from losing siblings for long amounts of time - is something I live in denial about. So babe - know I read - and I understand. And I'm sorry.
    4. You are a mother like no other. A wise woman told me never to doubt that my girls know I love them. I'm throwing that back at you about your own kids...cuz it's true for you too.
    5. Do you know how happy I am that you love your job? Can I say I told you so - when I said God has a plan? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you love your new job! That's such a bonus and it makes each working week enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute purse-I love pink! So glad you love your job :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!