Tuesday, September 27, 2011

True Confessions Tuesday


It's time to come clean.  It's time to confess.  It's time to share my dirty - and not so dirty - laundry for the world to see.  Yep.  It's True Confessions Tuesday.  

I confess that I was one irritated woman after leaving my doctor's office yesterday morning.  My appointment was at 8, I arrived at 7:55.  I sat there for 20 minutes, finally get called back by the nurse.  She does her business...weight, blood pressure, pregnancy test, then takes me to a room so that I can get naked from the waste down.  I get a thin paper towel to cover up with.  The room is freezing!!  I sit there, half naked until 8:45, when I hear the doctor...and everyone is greeting her.  She just arrived!!!  Icing on the cake?  I hear her tell the nurse, right outside my door, that being as I'm having a "procedure", she'll see do the "other pap" first...as it will be quicker.  Urm, excuse me??  I'm no pap expert, but I know that every time I've had to endure one - it's taken forever.

I confess that I sat in that freezing room until 9:15.  Then, she finally come in to see me.  Of course, I wasn't freezing anymore - I was hot!!  She mistook my irritation for nerves, and told me that I will need to relax for the procedure.  It took her almost 10 minutes to get everything set up.  She then dug around in my who-ha for a few minutes...and then the "procedure" began.  She put in my IUD.  It consisted of what felt like a cattle prod being rammed into my cervix - and took all of five minutes to complete.  The whole thing was finished by 9:30.  Which, for the record, was a whole 5 minutes... much quicker than the pap she'd just done before me!!  I then had to wait another 10 minutes for the nurse to come back in and explain my after care...which seemed to take forever.  Then I had to wait to make another appointment for a month.  I finally got out of there at 10am.  Ridic!! Two hours for a five minute "procedure". *sigh*

I confess that when I have a doctor sticking foreign objects into my who-ha, the last thing I want to do is chit-chat about my kids, or Halloween, or Christmas...or any other subject for that matter.  I am perfectly content with awkward silence and only hearing the words "this may hurt a little" or "you're going to feel a lot of pressure" or even pure honesty - something like "this may feel like I'm ramming a hot poker into your cervix, try and relax".  Asking me if I've started thinking about Christmas instead of preparing me for the moment you're going to shove a 12 inch rod up there only makes the pain worse...and may cause some uncontrollable curse words escaping from my mouth.  My bad.

I confess that for the rest of the day, I felt like I had a bad case of hemorrhoids.  It was uncomfortable to sit down for too long - so I stayed on my feet.  I don't remember my last implant hurting so much - but then again, my cervix (along with the rest of my body) wasn't all tense from having to wait over an hour last time, either.

I confess that when I stopped at Wal-Mart on my way home last night, I may have bought a package of pecan pie tarts.  I then may have eaten three of those tarts after dinner while drinking a tall glass of whole milk.  I'm only following Dr. Oz's advice.  He said that whole milk is better than fat free milk - and he's apparently a guru or something.

I confess that I'm kind of scared about the Shrinkvivor challenge that's starting tomorrow.  What if my team doesn't like me?  What if they think I'm a threat?  What if they make alliances without me - and then vote me off for no reason?  Wow - I've seriously watched too much Survivor

I confess that I was really upset this morning when I read an email from Connect to Charity informing me that they were going out of business - and that the fundraising page I created for Kenadee was going to be shut down on September 30th.  Luckily, I only had one donation - and that donation will be sent to the Mitochondrial Association.  Now I'm going to start over - and really put my head to the grind to come up with a great Walk-a-Thon for Kenadee.

I confess that, as bad as this sounds, I think the email was some form of sign.  I may have gone about things too heavy handed.  I need to start with some basics - and really get the walk-a-thon off the ground, before I start asking for donations.  I am forever grateful for Val for being the sole donator - but will now be looking at more personal and smaller scale options to get this event into high gear.

I confess that I have to go - I've got a guest post to get ready....that I'm really excited about. 

Got something you'd like to confess?  Then - do it!!  Either create an entire post on your own blog filled with delicious, juicy confessions - or just pick one and plant it in my comments section, m'kay?

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie CounterT

2 comments:

  1. I hate when doctors do that crap. My confessional this week is all about my recent weight loss failings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess, although i'm 7 months pregnant, although my brain wants to workout really bad because I gained 6 pounds since my last doctors visit, regardless of how many salads i've eaten, I will not because I simply don't feel like it. (man that felt good)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!