Monday, July 26, 2010

Exciting Stuff!!

Today, I'm stepping back into my "reflection" days - and posting about a story about what happened THIS MORNING!  If you've been reading via Facebook or Twitter, you are already aware that I was contacted Friday by my local news station, KNWA, to do a story about my blog and my weight loss progress.  I was so excited, and of course, immediately agreed to do it.  The reporter gave me a call, we discussed a few things, and then he told me he wanted to interview me Monday morning at 9am...that would be today.

This morning I was a mess.  I'm not a shy person - obviously being that I share my life with the world - but being in front of a camera is a very nerve racking experience.  My stomach was doing flip-flops, my palms were sweating, I rearranged and re-cleaned my office/ home gym a bazillion times before he got here...and then it was 9am. Tom Yazwinski, the KNWA reporter (he's the guy in the middle of the pic), arrived promptly.  He took a few minutes to discuss his plans, set up the camera, hooked me up to a mic - and off we went.

Once we started talking, my nerves began to calm.  It was great to be able to share my story, and explain the things that keep me going.  Not sure how much of our 15 minute conversation will make it to the 5 minute segment - but guess I will have to wait and see.  Then it was time to do some taping of me working out.  He had me do some work with the weights.  I had no idea how much I'd have to do....all I can say is that my arms are good and worked out from the constant curls and presses I did for about 5 minutes.  He then got some tape of me blogging, my Facebook page, and my Twitter account.  If you've posted on my Facebook recently, you might see your comment on the TV when your story airs!!  Same goes for the people that follow me on Twitter.  So, after we wrapped all the shooting indoors - it was time to head to the track to get some footage of me running.  Even though it was close to 90 degrees when we got to the track, and I forgot my water bottle - I managed to get a good amount of running in.  The sweat was dripping by the time I was done.  Who knew that getting interviewed would give me such a great workout??

So, the interview is over - I feel it went great.  The story is airing on Thursday morning on the 6am news, and again Thursday night on the 10pm news.  For my local readers - be sure to check it out.  If not, I will post the link to the video that will be online as soon as I get it. 

Short post today - just wanted to share my excitement. I haven't had a chance to plan for my blog this week - planning on doing it today.  So, not sure what tomorrow's post will be about.  Guess you'll have to tune in to find out. 

Till next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. That is very exciting!! Congrats on your tv debut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i'm a little late on the WOOHOO but I just saw your tv segment on the news (I went and searched for it) great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!