Friday, July 02, 2010

Wake Me Up Inside

Yesterday, I took all of my kiddos to spend the weekend with my mom.  I got to do the same thing last weekend, but being that I have such AMAZING parents - they volunteered for another weekend.  The main reason is because I don't have bootcamp tonight or Monday - so Steve and I can actually spend some quality time together. 

Last night, I made the mistake of falling asleep on the couch at 6pm.  I figured that Steve would wake me up - but he didn't..and I ended up being on the couch until 2am (Steve left for work at 10:30 last night).  When I woke up, I decided I had the perfect opportunity to do some much needed cleaning to my house.  I've never cleaned house in the middle of the night before, but for 4 hours I gave my living room a much needed declutter of all of my youngest's toys.  It's crazy to think it took me 4 hours to sort through boxes of toys - but it did..and I'm still not done.  At 6:30am, Steve got home from work, so I decided to call it quits on the cleaning until later.  I thought it would be a perfect time to try out my new Yoga DVD.  There's nothing like starting the day out with some yoga - and the Jillian Michael's DVD gave me the wake up I needed.  Now I'm ready to start my day - which will include more cleaning, and some shopping with Steve.

I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about not having bootcamp until next Wednesday, although it will be a great time to test out how I will do after bootcamp is finished.  I had planned on going for a run last night, but falling asleep on the couch dispelled that plan.  I did do my yoga this morning -so that's a good start.  My hopes are to catch a quick nap here in a little while so that I don't run into the same problem this evening - and I can go for a nice long run.  My goal is to run for 40 minutes without stopping....keep your fingers crossed, folks.  Tomorrow, up early for another round of yoga and tomorrow afternoon I'm going to hit the weights.  I might even be up for another evening jog tomorrow..but not making any promises.  Even though I'm going to my mom's on Sunday - the plan is to spend most of the day in the pool, so I won't have to worry about getting some exercise.  Yesterday, I swam for about 30 minutes while I was there and even ran through the pool 5 times.  I tell ya what, running through a pool sure will work your legs!  Will probably be back in the pool on Monday - so more exercise there, too. 

I was a good girl, and made a plan with my mom on the food that's going to be served at her 4th of July barbeque.  She's serving the favorites (hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, etc) but I told her I would buy some turkey dogs and chicken...so that I could eat.  Holidays at my parents' house are always tough on me - but I have faith that I'm conditioned enough now to be strict on myself. 

Ok, that's it for me today....I'm going to make the most of having a "kid free" house and get back to some cleaning (and a nap..LOL)

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!