Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm So Excited, and I Just Can't Hide It

It's been 2 weeks since I posted my weight loss results and measurements, and I'm going to hold off one more day.  I've postponed my results post for a reason - because I wanted to wait for my official results from my final fitness test at bootcamp.  Tonight is the night, and I don't think I've ever been more excited to go to bootcamp.

After getting a greatly improved time on the obstacle course Monday night, I'm really excited to see what the rest of the fitness tests are going to say.  Tonight, I will get my "pinch an inch" test done, and all of my measurements.  I'm really hoping to see a great result in my body fat percentage.  I think the test I'm most excited and nervous about is the running test.  I really want to improve my time running a mile more than any other test.  My original goal I set on my first day was to run the mile in 10 minutes - that would mean shaving almost 5 minutes off of my first time.  It is an EXTREMELY high goal, but I am determined to give everything I have.  I know that my running endurance has improved.  Heck, my first night, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds.  Now I'm able to run for 20 or 30 minutes - but the speed at which I run is what makes me nervous.  My "run" is a bouncing jog....not exactly running, so I'm hoping that the endurance of running for as long as I can will help motivate me to pick up the pace and push myself to run as fast as I can - without walking.

In addition to measurements and the running test, we will also test on push-ups, sit-ups, and probably pull-ups.  We get timed to see how many we can do in a minute.  If I remember correctly, my first night I was able to do 10 sit-ups and I got recorded as doing 4 modified push-ups although they shouldn't of really been counted - because my butt was up in the air as I was doing them.  Tonight, I know that those numbers will improve...the surprise will be by exactly how much they've improved.  I'm still not at the point that I can do "real" push-ups, but I would love to be able to knock out at least 1 or two before having to do modified push-ups. 

So, tomorrow I will post all of the updated results - and will post them compared to my original results.  Everyone keep me in your thoughts tonight, and hope for GREAT improvement. 

Till next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!