Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Lean on Me, When You're Not Strong

I know, today is Wednesday which normally means weigh-in day - but after the "poor me" pity party I threw yesterday I just couldn't bring myself to leave the atmosphere that way.  I really hate to blog about stuff like I did yesterday, but I needed to get it off my chest.  Despite the mood it put me in, I was so happy to read the comments that were left on my Facebook page yesterday.  In no time at all, some of my biggest motivators were there for me offering words of encouragement....just what I needed.

Tonight, I can't be more happy to say that it's back to bootcamp.  Having a week off SUCKED!!  I am sure that my post tomorrow will be full of my complaining how hard it was on me - but here's my upfront chance to say that whatever butt kicking I receive tonight is for my own good - and that I deserve it.

My post and the comments left for me made me realize that it's OK to have a bad day every once in a while - as long as there is something done about it after.  It was so great having the support of my "Jillian" and "Bob" there for me when I needed it - and my personal motivator, Cathy, who always knows the right things to say to help cheer me up.  So, time to move on - and pick myself up. 

My ultimate goal is to lose weight, get healthy, and help people that are in a similar situation as mine.  Helping people is in my blood, I don't know why - I just love to do it.  My drive comes from the people that are on the outside looking in and thinking "wow, if she can do it - maybe there's a chance for me".  I have had many people tell me that I won't lose the weight if it's not for myself - and they're right - but knowing that others are counting on me to succeed really gives me the motivation I need to continue on my journey.  That's the reason for this blog, my Facebook page, and the people that I have shared my experiences with.  If I didn't hold myself accountable for all of this, then I wouldn't do as good as I'm doing.  The best part, though, is sharing my TRUE experiences.  There are definitely days (often clumped together in a week) that things don't go the way I like - but losing weight is hard work...if it wasn't, everyone would be doing it..LOL  The key is how I deal with my struggles. 

In a perfect world, I would be at the gym 5 days a week.  Before bootcamp, I had absolutely no desire to join a gym - but now my attitude has completely changed.  I would give anything to be able to get my butt to the gym for yoga classes, water aerobics, bootcamp, to see a personal trainer - but life has dealt me a hand that has to find alternatives.  This is the part that attracts my followers.  I am a mother of 3 children, that in itself puts a strain on when I can go to the gym - then throw in school, starting my teaching in August - and the gym then becomes nothing more than a desire.  I will be lucky to get to spend an hour or two with my kids each night, I just can't bring myself to take that time away to go to the gym.  Not just that, but I have a very hard-working fiance that works third shift - and he needs me here to help take some of the strain off of him.  "Bob" explained to me yesterday that most people can't do what I'm doing without being at the gym - and he's right...for most people.  Unfortunately, I have to be one of those people that has to make the "at home" situation work.  There are so many people out there - the ones that I'm trying to help - that really can't make it to the gym.  You all know that I'm a "no excuses" kind of gal - but I do know that not being able to go to the gym is a very valid excuse - it's either not in the budget, or time constraints make it impossible.  That's where I have to come in and show you all that YES, it can be done.  I won't listen to any other excuses - there is ALWAYS time to eat healthy and work-out...I just want you to "lean on me" to deliver the options that you have.  No money? No time? No problem....I will do it, and so can you!!!  Heck, I lost 40lbs in 4 months before bootcamp - there's something in that, right?

So, folks - I'm off of my pity band wagon, and refueled my fire.  It's time to get a grip, focus, and continue on my life-long journey.  No more will you hear what I'm "going" to do...from now on - you're going to hear what I DID, how you can do it, and together we will work through the speed bumps that people refer to as life.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!