Friday, July 30, 2010

My Social (Networking) Life

Hello, my name is Joanna, and I'm addicted to Facebook and Twitter.  That's right, I'm not afraid to admit it...I have an addiction to Facebook and Twitter.  They say that admitting the addiction is the first step to recovery - but this is one addiction that is actually helping me rather than hurting me...is that possible?? Sure it is. 

I'm not going to say that Facebook and Twitter are the main ingredients in my life in terms of losing weight and getting fitter...but they are high up on the list of parties responsible for giving me my motivation.  Who would of thought that using social networking sites would help me lose weight and get fit? Crazy, but so true.  If it wasn't for Facebook, I wouldn't of been able to set up my Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman page - and wouldn't have the people on there that support me and counting on my support to help them.  Every day that I log on and see another person has joined the page, I get a little more spark in my fire to succeed.  Every time that someone on the page interacts and answers a question of the day or shares a comment it gives me a rush of adrenaline that tells me "yes, people are watching...people are looking for answers"...and I feel even more blessed that I'm one of the people they are turning to for those answers.

Then, there's Twitter.  Twitter is my site of support.  99.9% of the people I follow on Twitter are doing the same thing I'm doing...losing weight, getting fit, or offering words and blogs of advice on how to do so.  I've met some amazing people there with amazing stories - and they are adding more fuel to my fire to be a success.  I have added about 20 blogs to my blog roll that I visit each day from people just like me, doing things similar to me, and sharing their story with everyone. 

Being that it's summer, I've gotten used to spending about 2+ hours a day online.  I have Facebook and Twitter open in my browser ALWAYS and now with the wonderful capability of iPhone apps - I'm able to stay in touch with everyone ALL day EVERY day.  Things will have to change a bit once my crazy schedule starts up in a couple of weeks - but I know that I will always have time to check up on what's going on.  I know that I will continue to update my FB page, interact with people on Twitter, and update my blog daily....how do I know?  Because it's what I do to motivate myself every day. 

So, who would of thought that social networking sites helping people lose weight?  Crazy, huh?

Well, that's my rambling for today....this switching to shorter posts is going to take some getting used to - but I promise you that the content will get better. 

Today's Question of the Day:
How long do you spend visiting social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc. a day, which sites are your favorite, and why?

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!