Sunday, July 11, 2010

Follow Me, and You'll See a World of Pure Imagination

OK, so using a line from a Willy Wonka song probably isn't the best choice for a weight loss blog - but the words fit for my message today.


I really want to continue on just a minute with the "crossroads" message.  Yesterday, I explained Restriction Road.  Today, I just want to touch a little on Structure Street.  Structure Street is what I describe as the road you travel on after Restriction Road. Once you have made the steps to change your life, and have been following those changes until they become second nature - you have started your journey down Structure Street.  Structure Street has many similarities to Carefree Lane - this journey seems almost easy.  You consciously chose healthy foods, you are in a routine to work-out, and you feel more energetic and excited about the goals that you have achieved.  The hardest part is over, and now you begin the journey of more freedom.  Structure Street is made up of routine, habits, and obviously - structure.  Now, that doesn't mean there aren't still detour signs over to Carefree Lane.  There will ALWAYS be those pesky signs - but once you reach Structure Street, you are less likely to go down them.  Even if you do, as I have, you take the next exit back to Structure Street and work harder to make up for the detour.  There is no feelings of "I just can't do it", or "I cheated once, so I might as well call it quits" - oh no, once you're on Structure Street you know that it's OK to let your guard down once in a blue moon, but you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and bust your ass making up for it.  I am a new comer to Structure Street.  I have reached the "second nature" way of life with my eating. My house is filled with healthy foods, snacks, and drinks - and it has been for a long time.  Sure, there are times I eat something that's not in the realm of "healthy" - but I don't do it very often, I enjoy the treat, and move on from it.  Exercising still has some work - I consider myself to still be in Restriction Road for that part.  I haven't missed a single bootcamp session, been to a couple of yoga classes - but I need structure...and hopefully, the schedule that Jillian made for me will help me get over that final hurdle between Restriction Road and Structure Street.  Structure Street offers endless possibilities - fun, energy, and ultimately - a world of pure imagination: you call the shots, you control the game, you are in control!!

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!