Sunday, July 04, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

For anyone that had their fingers crossed that I would go on a 40 minute run - I'm sorry, but you wasted your time.  I'm really ticked off at myself - but I'm the only person I can blame.  This weekend, I've been kid free - and had every opportunity in the world to get some good work-outs in....what did I do?? Clean, lay on the deck, and do one measly yoga session.  What the heck is wrong with me?? 

Today is the 4th of July: Independance Day.  For most people, today is a day spent with friends and family drinking, eating, maybe watching some fireworks.  I, like millions of other Americans, will be going to my parents' house for a barbeque.  I have three days until my next bootcamp session, and I DON'T want to waste anymore time.  I have my menu all set up with my mom, I'm taking my work-out clothes to take advantage to the 10 acres they have so I can run, and I want to take advantage of getting in the pool and doing as much swimming and pool cardio as I can.  The rain is the only thing that's not working with me right now.  I don't mind running in the rain - I will if I have to. 

So, what's so different about going to my mom's?  Well, my mom and I have a little unspoken competition going on.  My mom has been on the heavier side for a long time, but I've always been bigger than she is.  When I started losing weight, I think my mom got a little nervous that I would eventually weigh less than she does - so it started her on a health kick.  I'm ok with it - a little friendly competition fuels my fire.  I have a great support system at home and at bootcamp, so adding my mom as another incentive works just great for me.  While I'm around my mom, it motivates me to start working harder...especially when I hear that she's lost another couple of pounds doing NOTHING and I've lost nothing after going through bootcamp.  Today and tomorrow, I want to drive myself to make up for the total slacking I've done for the past 3 days.  Another incentive is my sister - she's a GREAT work-out partner.  She will run with me, and having someone there to keep an eye on me pushes me to my limits.

So, I wasted some great opportunties to work out - so now it's time to make up for them.  While many will sit around with a cold beer in one hand and a hamburger in another, I will be running around a field.  When it's time to eat, I will have a turkey dog in one hand and a refreshing glass of ice-water in the other.  Can I realistically make up for my slacking and pull the numbers I want to see on Wednesday? I guess we shall have to wait and see.

Happy 4th of July everyone....be safe, enjoy yourself - and eat wisely.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!