Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's A Brand New Day

That's it!! I'm done, finished, finito...bootcamp is officially over.  It was a great night...so much fun, but still got a nice work-out out of it.  I have been waiting all week to write this blog.  I have been planning and preparing for what I'm going to do once bootcamp ends - and now I get to share it with all of you.  I will start out with the bootcamp replay, and then it's time to get down to business as I share my plans for myself and the blog for the next two weeks.

We started out with some really easy cals, and then moved on to do the obstacle course one last time.  It had been raining - so the course was SOAKED, but I thought "what the heck, I'll get nice and muddy on my last day" (as you can see from the pic). We all had a blast finishing up the course for the last time.  Then it was time for our "graduation".  Each time a person was called to get their completion certificate, Jillian shared their accomplishments while in bootcamp and that person shared a great memory....it was such a heartfelt little ceremony.

OK, so my turn came.  Jillian shared how I had increased my push-ups from not being able to do a single push-up to doing 9, that I more than doubled my amount of sit-ups, and that I knocked a minute off of my run.  She then handed me my card with all of my measurements....so, let's see just how much I've lost since bootcamp began.  (I just want to add a little blurb that my results from the past few weeks can be disregarded - because obviously I wasn't measuring correctly.  That being said, I will be using these measurements going forward - and have been "taught" how to measure correctly).

OK...here we go....

Neck: 
Starting measurement:  14 1/2"          Now:  14" (-1/2")
Bicep:
Starting measurement: 16 3/4"           Now:  16 1/4" (-1/2")
Forearm:
Starting measurement:  12 3/4"          Now:  12" (-3/4")
Thigh:
Starting measurement:  28 1/2"          Now:  28" (-1/2")
Calf:
Starting measurement:  18 1/2"          Now:  17 1/2" (-1")
Hips:
Starting measurement:  50 1/2"         Now:  49" (-1 1/2")
Waist:
Starting measurement:  44"               Now:  41 1/2" (-2 1/2")

Body Fat Percentage:
My starting body fat percentage was:  41.9%
My finishing body fat percentage is:  37.9%

I have knocked 4 percentage points off of my body fat percentage!!  That I am SUPER excited about.

In terms of weight, my starting weight for bootcamp was 225lbs. 
As of this morning, I weigh in at 220lbs....meaning I have lost 5lbs.  That doesn't sound like much, but with as much muscle that I have gained and body fat that I have lost....I'm OK with that too.

So, bootcamp is over - however, I have agreed to go back for another round beginning August 2nd.  That's 2 weeks from now.  You'd be really amazed at how much your body can change in 2 weeks.  If I sit on my caboose for the next 2 weeks, the first day of bootcamp will just be like it was the VERY first day I joined bootcamp - that CAN'T happen!!  So, I have two weeks to keep myself in shape, hopefully shape up some more...and surprise the heck out of everyone when I reappear for my second round.

Yesterday, I mentioned that I really wanted to get back to the root of what I started this blog for...ultimately to help other people.  If I can inspire just one person to get off the couch and lose weight - as I'm doing - then the blog is worth it.  If I can inspire one person in my area to join bootcamp - then the blog is worth it.  If the blog becomes nothing more than a diary that people may or may not find interesting to read...then it's nothing more than a diary - and helpful to no one. 

So, things are going to look a little different around here for the next two weeks - and from now on.  Rather than me coming on here every morning and sharing what I did the day before - I'm going to post tools, tips, recipes, menu plans...what I'm doing will be laid out in an easy to follow format.  I will share my goals, what I'm going to do to achieve those goals, and how YOU can do everything I'm doing - regardless of what your schedule is like, how many kids you have, etc.  I will give exercises, schedule modifications - everything you need.  If there's something you want to see - and I'm leaving it out...POST A QUESTION OR COMMENT!!  I want this blog to be something that can be used - not just read.  If you know someone that might benefit from what I'm doing...SEND THEM MY WAY!!  Unlike "professional" weight loss sites - I'm doing this journey with you.  I will be here every step of the way....if I can do it, so can you!!  I started out 6 months ago as a 263lb woman with a desire to lose weight.  I know weigh 220lbs.  I've lost 43lbs, which is a healthy weight loss - but there's so much room for more.  Now that I have the tools, advice, and support I need - BIG CHANGES ARE A COMING, my friends......wouldn't you like to see them too??

It's a brand new day - and I feel stronger, lighter, and healthier than I've EVER felt in my life.  I still have a long way to go - but I KNOW that I WILL succeed.  I just hope that I have you not just along for the ride, but actually sharing my successes as your own. 

Tomorrow, I will let you know everything you will need to be a part of the journey.  This is NOT a diet plan - this is a lifestyle change.  If you're looking to lose pounds FAST - then, sorry, this is the wrong blog for you.  I want results that are going to last forever - so no room for fad diets here.  There will be days that you want to give up, days that you feel like a million bucks....good comes with the bad - but it's how you deal with the moments that count.  If you're considering joining me - please join my Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/DiaryofMadFatWoman?ref=sgm#!/DiaryofMadFatWoman?ref=sgm
There we can have live discussions, share tips, and become a community of people sick of fad diets, but want real results- and just wanting to live a healthy lifestyle.  If things start picking up momentum, I will also have fun things like contests...who doesn't like to win stuff??

OK, are you ready for the challenge?? 

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!