Friday, July 29, 2011

BYOC - Nice Way to Finish Out the Week

This week has, no doubt, been full of some pretty crazy stuff here on the blog....so finishing up the week with some BYOC (Bring Your Own Crazy) suits me nicely.

My buddy, Drazil, created the questions....I copy and answer them here... you get to know more about me, and some more of my crazy thoughts.  You wanna join in too?  Great!! Just copy the questions on your own blog, and link up in the comments.

Ready...set....GO!

1. Sun or rain? Roses or tulips? Romantic movie or comedy?

After the continuous, non stop, grueling heat we've been having.... I'd LOVE some rain.  I'd love it so much, I'd go out dancing in it.  At least a couple of days worth...and then I'd want the sun again.  HOWEVER, only if it agreed to come back and not burn us all to a crisp.  That would have to be the deal or the rain could stay.

In a garden, I'd say tulips.  In a bouquet - it would have to be roses.  There's nothing more romantic than a bouquet of roses... but not really red ones, I'm up for yellow or pink instead.

I'm with Draz on this last one - romantic comedy any day.

2.  Draz has been sick lately and hasn't eaten in two days - except for ice cream...which leads her to ask - what's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Ice-cream has definitely been one of my weaknesses the past few weeks.  I'm not normally an ice-cream lover, but with the hotter than Satan's balls heat we've been having....I've been eating a bowl almost every night.  My favorite flavor is French Silk - but yesterday, I opted for Rocky Road.  I like any ice-cream that mixes chocolate with pieces of chocolate and/or nuts... YUM!!

3. Are you a door locker - in your house and car?

I am.  Whenever I go anywhere, I lock the car and the house....except when I'm at home.  Both my car and house stay unlocked when I'm home....cause I live in the middle of nowhere and figure that I'd hear someone if they tried to steal my car.  The dog lets me know whenever any living thing is within ten feet of the front door...so it's like having a live-in security system.

When I go somewhere - I lock the car.  Even though, I know that I could leave my car unlocked - because no one would bother it - it's just a habit.  Like Draz, the only crime that really ever happens around here are minor traffic violations.  I've seen people leave purses, phones, and other valuables in their car and just walk off....but they know, as well as I do, that no one is going to bother it.  I just can't do it....with my luck, I'd be the ONE person having to call the cops because something was stolen from my car.

4. In the spirit of my (Draz) being sick and wanting to die - tell me your "go to remedies" for when you are sick?

I'm actually pretty lucky - I don't get sick hardly ever.  I chalk it up to the fact that I NEVER take prescription medicines or over the counter drugs.  I just don't.  About the only time there is an exception to this rule (and there haven't been many) would be if I'm hospitalized.

I'm a firm believer in letting my immune system fight off whatever is invading.  I've actually been praised by doctors for it - because they agree with me (Insert giant ego head).  The harder you make your immune system work - the stronger it gets. 

I have noticed that when I'm extremely tired or stressed, that I'm open for more chance of getting sick. If I do end up with the sniffles or a seasonal cold, I go straight to my hot tea with lemon and honey.  It soothes my throat, helps clear out my sinuses, and makes me feel better.  I also soak in a hot tub or take a hot shower.  Then I sleep...and sleep...and sleep... until I no longer need to sleep cause I'm all better.

For headaches, I drink coffee and/or sleep.  Coffee is a great medicine for headaches...take a look at those headache pills...Number one ingredient?  Yep, caffeine.  If I have a migraine (which is rare, but does happen) then I lock myself in my bedroom, black out the windows, and drink coffee....and then, you guessed it, sleep.  I say all this wondering when the heck I'd get to sleep that much...I wouldn't...I guess it really is a good thing I don't get sick hardly ever...maybe I should try more sleep when I'm not sick...that's an idea.

A few years ago, I used to suffer from the WORST seasonal allergies.  I mean, seriously... I would end up with an asthma attack just stepping foot outside, and on more than one occasion ended up in the ER.  I decided to break away from allergy medicines, because they made me feel groggy...and I hate that feeling.  Instead, I started drinking local honey tea - or just eating a teaspoon full of honey.  That helped A LOT.  That's because the honey is made with local pollen, so it helps build my immunity to it.  Also, I noticed that running helped get rid of the symptoms, too.  Who knew?  Being outside when I shouldn't be helped build my tolerance for allergies...and now my seasonal allergies are a few sneezes here and there.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

This week, I've kind of meshed both worlds.  I've blogged a lot about my feelings, emotions, and positive outlook...and that's how life has been in real life.

Still no job offer... but still not totally panicking. 

In blog land, I'm pretty sure that I've come across as a crazy, psychic wanna be...the good news is, I only lost one follower.  I'm not sure if that's because only a few people have been reading or not, but I'm glad that everyone hasn't written me off as a loon and ran for the hills.  I'm not really as crazy as I sound...well, maybe I am... but it's nothing to be afraid of...I'm pretty harmless.

I've also avoided writing much about my weight loss...and that's for obvious reasons - there isn't anything to write about.  My life is consumed with trying to find a job.  That's it.  Period.  As soon as I've gotten a job...I will be able to get back to focusing on losing the weight - but right now, that is taking a back seat.

In real life, I've been taking a little more time to do some fun stuff.  I've been playing Risk with Hubby and I've read 4 books in 3 days.  When I say three days, I mean two hours each evening.  Yep, I've knocked out four chapter books (OK, I admit, they're children/teen books)  in about six hours...that's not too shabby.

I've also been reading a lot of blogs.  I'm not commenting on all of them - cause, honestly, I just don't have anything to say... but it's been nice to read more. 

I'm also spending a good chunk of the morning checking job postings, writing emails, and praying to anything holy that will listen that someone will respond.  Still waiting on that... but you never know.  Something might happen.

Alright, my time is up....now it's your turn.  Go answer the questions on your page, and let me know when you did.  I love reading them.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

2 comments:

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!