Monday, October 24, 2011

Clean House Plus New Mattress Equals One Very Happy Fat Woman

Guess what? 

I don't feel all crazy and upset when I walk in my house anymore!!!

Finally, I can walk in the front door and not sigh, or huff and puff, or get easily agitated.  You know why?  Do ya?  Do ya?

Yep, you guessed it....My House Is Clean!!

OK, so it's not perfect.  There's still work to be done...but it's better....much better.

The piles of junk have been diminished.  The dust bunnies are gone.  The back half of the living room is now organized - and only a few of Jelly's toys remain.

I really feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  It's amazing how getting rid of some clutter, running a vacuum through the house, and cleaning up some dust can really make a person feel this much better.

Or, maybe it's the new mattress I have.  That could be something to do with it, too.

Yep.  I have a new mattress.  A memory foam mattress that is soft, and comfy, and feels like a big hug when I lay on it.  I haven't slept so good in years!!

The best part is - I didn't have to buy it.  Nope, it was a gift from my amazing pseudo mother-in-law (PMIL).

So, as you've probably figured out - it's been a pretty decent weekend.

I went to my parent's house on Saturday.  Butter had been staying there since Thursday night.  He wanted a couple of days with Grandma and Grandad...and he enjoyed himself.

We hung out there for a couple of hours, and then it was home again.  PMIL was bringing our new mattress over, so the kids and I wanted to be there to see her.

After PMIL left, Hubby cooked a wonderful dinner of baked salmon and brown rice.  It's been a long time since we've had such a yummy, healthy meal. 

The rest of the evening, I didn't do much.  I played some solitaire, watched some TV, and just relaxed.

Sunday was cleaning day.  The kids all went to church, and I started my Operation: Get House Clean. 

I got the laundry all done.  The house cleaned.  I then decided to enjoy the rest of the afternoon by sitting on the couch. 

All in all, a good weekend.  Somewhat busy, somewhat relaxing.  It was a nice balance...something that has been long overdue for me for a long time.

I've already decided that next weekend I'm not making ANY plans.

I want one weekend where I don't have to go anywhere or do anything.  I still have some work on the house I want to get done...and in my office.  But, for the most part, I just want a relaxing weekend.

I've been pretty stressed, lately.  There hasn't been one specific cause - just a bunch of small stuff that has all piled up and left me feeling a little frazzled.  I need to release some of that stress....I'm thinking a night out with my gal pals may just be in order next weekend.

There I go.  Already making plans, when I said I wouldn't.

It's a sickness, I tell ya.  It's damn near impossible for me not to.  UGH!!

On a totally unrelated note:  Jelly has become obsessed with Christmas already.  Daily, she's asking me to put up the Christmas tree.  Last night, she watched The Santa Clause.  Twice.

I'm happy that's she so excited about Christmas - but it puts even more stress on me.  There's still a month to go before the tree goes up...and I just don't know if my three year old has the patience to wait that long.

I refuse to be one of those people that put their decorations up the first week of November.  I just won't do it. 

I'm feel like I'm just rambling on.  Am I rambling?  That's what it feels like. 

This is what happens when after years of tossing and turning all night, I finally get a comfy mattress and a full night's sleep without interruptions.  I wake up all dazzled...and rambly.

I feel really good, though.  If rambling on and on is a side effect - well, sorry about ya.  But, I'll stop...for all of your sakes. 

Well, better go....work is calling.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. NOthing better than a good night's sleep. Babe - promise me something - go an entire week without calling youself fat. You'd never use that word on someone else you love...so no more using it about yourself...mmkkaayy?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!