Friday, October 07, 2011

No Exile Island For Me!!

Last night was the first Tribal Council for the Shrinkvivor Challenge.  The council was done all official like.  A Vlog gave the official announcements, and Lissa made sure the whole ceremony was very authentic.  There was Tiki torches, a treasure chest for votes, and even a torch snuffing at the end.  I almost felt like I was involved with the real TV show!!

I'm happy to report that I made it through the first round of voting....I'm not going to Exile Island!!

We did lose a member of our team - and that makes me sad.  We were already down 2 members, because they didn't check in the first week.  If the team doesn't vote on a player - then the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss gets voted off.  I'm not sure if that's what happened - the votes are confidential - but it's never fun to lose a team member, no matter how early we are in to the game.  So, now, we are a tribe of 4.

Seeing the results made me realize that I really have to up the ante this week - to at least make sure that I don't have the lowest percentage of weight loss next weigh in.

To help with my Shrinking, I started a Biggest Loser competition at work yesterday.  It's the same kind of competition I competed in (and didn't win) last year during my internship.  The competition is going from next Tuesday through the day before Thanksgiving.

The hope is to win that competition to help me earn a few extra bucks for Christmas AND to help keep me focused for Shrinkvivor. 

I will admit, I'm nervous.  I have some form of curse associated with weight loss challenges and competitions.  I start out doing really well - but then start to fizzle out a few weeks in.  I can't let that happen this time...my kids' Christmas AND my closet depend on it.

I didn't walk yesterday or Wednesday during recess.  That has a lot to do with the fact that I was running all over the school both days for testing - and my schedule was all out of whack.  I got plenty of walking in, but being that the rules of Shrinkvivor state it has to be "actual exercise", I'm not counting any it.  I want to play fair - so all that extra running around is out.

I'm running the idea through my head to try and get in 30 minutes of jogging after school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  The Wednesday is a big maybe.  I have after school stuff on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Tuesday and Thursday I have to rush off to pick up Jelly.  Wednesday, Hubby picks up Jelly - so that gives me a pass on how late I can be home... I won't be done with book club until 4:45, though...so I'm going to have to see how I feel.

I figure that being that I'm not picking Jelly up until 4:15 on Tuesday and Thursday - I can do the same on Monday...and jog for the extra time.  Until Butter is out of the hospital, the Friday jogs will have to wait... but he should be out any day now.  HOORAY!!

I know I'm doing a lot of rambling today.  I'm sorry.

I'm picking Butter up from the hospital this afternoon for a weekend visit, my family is coming for the weekend, and I'm just a little on the stressed side.  Nothing bad - just overwhelmed.  So much going on - and it's hard to keep a straight mind. 

I've been so busy, I haven't even gotten my new purse out of the store bag yet...gasp!!  I was going to post a picture today - but I guess that will have to wait.

If you know anything about me at all - you know that a new purse is usually in use before I even step in the front door from buying it.  This week, however, I've just had too much going on.  I bought the purse, it was put in the shopping bag, the shopping bag is still sitting in my kitchen.  It's purse injustice, I know... but this weekend I'll get it all decked out ready to use Monday.

Alright, enough rambling from me.  Everyone have a great Friday.  I'm off to go read a few blogs... because I'm so behind it's not even funny.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

4 comments:

  1. Great planning!!! You're anticipating the challenges -- including feeling stressed a bit. You've acknowledged in the past that this has led to eating foods you later regretted eating -- I'm sure you're planning ways to avoid doing that this weekend, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on staying in the competition! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with Butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with challenges....but who knows, maybe this one will change it for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That competition sounds like a blast- good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!