Thursday, October 06, 2011

Little of This and a Little of That

Today is one of those days where I've got so much stuff whirling around in my head - I'm just going to color code them all out for you.  I'm organized like that.  Some of it is fun, some not so much... but yesterday was such a roller coaster day - I just got to lay it all out there.

Yesterday was my first time at administering a district test.  Being that I'm a certified teacher, now, I can do that.  It was only for one student - but I felt all official, like.  I'm not going to say it was fun - when is giving a test ever fun? It was kind of cool, though, in a weird - I'm a teacher even though I'm not getting paid for it - kind of way.

I think I'm allergic to bananas.  I don't eat bananas very often, but yesterday - I ate one.  Then, I got all nauseous a little while later.  I really thought I was going to hurl.  I think it was the banana - or maybe it was the ranch dip I had at lunch...that had been sitting out for 5 hours.  Nah, it was probably the banana.

After work, I got to have my first experience visiting Charming Charlie.  Have you ever been to that store?  OH EM GEE! When I walked in, I realized that the sight before me is what I imagine heaven to look like.  A huge store full of nothing but purses, wallets, scarves, shoes, and accessories - all arranged by color.  Every color imaginable.  Black, white, pink, red, orange, purple, brown, green, yellow....and every variation of said colors.  Not only that - but all of the stuff is CHEAP!!  Holy purse gods...so much temptation under one roof is a big NO NO for this purse crazy woman.  I was good, though....leaving with a new watch, a new purse, and a new scarf...all for less than $35!!  It helped that the visit was part of a special party - for staff from my school - and we got 20% off our purchase.  The perks of working in my school are unlimited, I tell ya!

After my dreamy visit to Charming Charlie, I went to dinner with a few teachers.  We went to Mama Fu's.  I love that place.  I ate more than I should have - but my bowl was chocked full of veggies.  We won't mention the Calamari or Crab Rangoon, m'kay?

I had a really tough phone call with Butter last night.  He was upset, and missing home, and just having a bad day.  Do you know how hard it is to console your child over the phone?  Near impossible!!  I've never felt more helpless as a mother - and there's been many occasions where I've been pretty helpless.  I wanted nothing more than to drive to the hospital and drag him out of there.  I talked to him and reassured him for as long as I could - but it wasn't enough.  My heart damn near shattered into a million pieces during that phone call.  Being a parent is hard enough - not being able to hold my baby when he's sad, and having to tell him that I will see him in two days?  Worst. Moment. Ever.  I keep telling myself that this will all be over soon.  He'll be home soon.  But soon is not soon enough.  I really think he's ready - I want him home now!

After the phone call, I was a bubbling mess.  It wasn't just a moment of weakness - it was a full blown, fall to my knees, cry in desperation moment.   It took a while to compose myself - and then I was unhappy.  When I'm unhappy, I go on the hunt for food.  That's what I did last night.  Even after the huge dinner I ate - I still managed to stuff my face with kettle corn.  Did it make me feel better? No.  Did it take away my pain? No.  It didn't even help a little.  It was just one of those moments of weakness that I still haven't found the ability to control when it comes to emotional eating.  I feel bad that I did it - but I know that it's something I just have to work on....and having a child in a hospital is very stressful.  I'm going to forgive myself.

The mini challenge for Shrinkvivor this week is to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.  The big challenge is to, again, log as many fitness minutes as possible.  After the phone call last night, it was hard to go to bed - but I did at 9:30.  I slept until 4:40 this morning.  That's 7 hours.  I'm pretty sure I can do that every night - it's part of my routine, anyway.  In regards to the fitness?  I've decided that this weekend will be a great opportunity to take Butter to the track with me for a little Mom & Son time.  We can walk away some stress, and have a chance to have a nice long talk about everything.  I think that having him along for at least one of my weekend walks will be good for us both - it will give us both a chance to spend some time together, and it will be a great coping skill for him.

I saw, yesterday, after I had already posted my Shrinkvivor check-in that the Sisterhood was referring to yesterday's check-in as "Week Two".  I'm going to be the different one and call it as I see it.  Yesterday was the end of the first week - so to keep me in line, I referred to it as "Week One".  So, each week, my update will be titled a week off from everyone else.  Just a bit of random information for ya.  

OK, I think that about does it for my random thoughts for today.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!