Monday, October 10, 2011

A Family Visit...A Birthday Celebration...A Trip to the ER

Holy freakin' sheep crap, Batman!  What a crazy, exhausting, long, weekend it has been.

The fact that I haven't shown my face around here since Friday should tell you something.  It usually takes A LOT to keep me from posting every day....and this weekend, A LOT went on.

There was good, bad, scary, and insane all wrapped up into one nice little package.  A package that I was excited about opening, at first... by yesterday afternoon - I was over it.

Friday, after work, I went to go pick up Butter.  He was excited, I was excited.  My parents, brother, sister, niece, and nephew were all coming to spend the weekend.  YAY!!

We got home at the same time my parents got there...and I was met at the front door by a very concerned Hubby.  I could tell by the look on his face that something was wrong.  I jumped out of the car and he told me that I needed to come take a look at Peanut.

When I got in the house, I found her laying on her bedroom floor - on the verge of tears.  I asked her what happened, and she said that she had bounced off her bed and landed on her ankle.  I looked at her ankle, which had started to swell.  We got her off the floor and up on the bed - where she proceeded to tell me that she had been trying to get off the bed to greet everyone....and over calculated her "bounce" which ended up with her on the floor screaming for help.

Now, this Mother of the Year's first reaction was to laugh.  Yeah, I'll admit it.  Of course, seeing my daughter in pain wasn't funny - but her explanation was.  I can't help it...I laugh when I'm nervous.  A quick inspection from my mom told me that she had sprained it.

The weekend then commenced - with Peanut insisting she was OK and a trip to the ER was not necessary.

Now, having 11 people in the house - including three kids 3 years old and under - is like hosting a high school football game in your living room.  It was loud, it was crazy.  By 8pm, the kids were tired and cranky...and I was on the verge of pulling my hair out.  By 10pm, I was exhausted...and it was off to bed for me.

Saturday wasn't so bad.  My mom, dad, sister, and I ran out to run a few errands...that just happened to last 5 hours.  When we got home, we relaxed - and I went to sleep on the couch.  I'm not sure exactly how I managed to sleep...with all of the noise and who ha that was going on... but I did....for 2 hours to be exact.

When I woke up, I fixed dinner, we ate, and then we decided to celebrate my sister's 16th birthday with a piece of Tres Leche cake.  Her birthday was actually last Thursday - but we had to do something, being that I hadn't seen her on the actual day.

After cake, we decided to play some cards.

Six started playing, two disappeared an hour or so in, and that left my mom, Hubby, my brother, and myself playing...and we played until 3am.  Holy mother of competition.  I've realized where I get my competitive edge from... my mother.  It was a fun game - we had a lot of laughs - and then it was time for bed.

Of course, because of my nap earlier on...I couldn't sleep.  I laid in bed until 5:30.  I dozed off and then woke up at 7am.  Then went back to sleep and woke up at 10.

When I got up, I checked Peanut's ankle and didn't like the way it looked.  It had started to bruise - and the swelling had gotten worse.  Just to be safe, I decided to take her to the ER to have it checked out.

After a two hour visit to the ER, it was determined that she in fact had a sprained ankle - and they did nothing.  I was so surprised.  The doc just told me to buy her a brace for support, keep her out of PE for a week, and she'll be fine.  No bandage, no ice, nothing.  And I guarantee the three minutes it took for him to tell me cost about $500.  I'm in the wrong profession.

By the time we got home, my parents were getting ready to head home.

After they left, the exhaustion hit me.  I still had to take Butter back to the hospital - but I sat on the couch and ended up falling asleep for an hour.  No, I really don't sleep as much as it try hosting that many people in your home, go on less than 5 hours of sleep...and tell me that you're not completely drained at the end of it.

After taking Butter back, I came home and relaxed on the couch.  I absorbed the quiet for a while - and then hit the sack myself.

The weekend was fun, despite how it sounds.  It was a good weekend for family, bad weekend for Shrinkvivor.  I've already started packing my bags ready to make the move to Exile Island.  I made bad choices that will be discussed in more detail tomorrow.  I know I've gained weight - and I really don't think I have enough time between now and Wednesday to make up for it.

Despite how much I told myself that I was going to stay strong this weekend - I didn't.  Call it stress.  Call it "enjoying the moment".  Whatever it was - it's no excuse.  I'm not happy about it, but I had a fun weekend.

There's only one thing left for me to do.  Get back on my feet and just keep trekking on.  Yes, I had a set back.  Yes, it's very early in to the competition.  However, I can't let this bring me down.  I just got to get up, dust off, and move on....once a-freakin-gain.

This upcoming weekend, I've promised myself that it will be a no-plans weekend.  Meaning, the only place I'm going is the track.  I'm going to sort and clean my house.  I'm going to stay active all weekend long - even if it kills me.

I'm going to try my best to make up for this weekend... but I just know that there's no way I'm going to be able to stay afloat for the weigh in on this short lived leg of the competition, I feel, is coming to an end.  That doesn't mean it's over.  If I'm shipped off to Exile Island, I'll do what I need to do...regardless of whether I win anything.

OK, time to start my Monday.

Till next time. ;)
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


  1. What a weekend! Maybe it wasn't as bad as you think ans you won't be voted off. Good luck!

  2. WOW what a crazy weekend!!!!

    Glad peanut is are definitely SUPERMOM!!!

  3. Geez Louise - reading all that makes me tired. Wowser - so glad it was only a sprain. In spite of that it sounds like you made some really precious memories...and I love that. xoxo

  4. Good grief. I need a nap just reading all that.

    Glad the little one is ok-even though sprains STINK.

    Hope the beginning of your week has calmed down!!


Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!