I was very surprised this morning when I came to write my post and discovered that I had been selected to receive this award. I am honored, and so appreciative. Blogging awards, like this one, float around the internet and I see them occasionally on other blogs. Getting a blogging award does mean a cash prize, or a news article, or paparazzi knocking at my door to try and get a glimpse of me... but it does mean that someone, somewhere likes my blog and think I deserve a little recognition. Who couldn't love that, right?
So, I earned this little gem for my good friend Nanci over at This Crazy Life of Mine. Her and I go back a little way. We found each other through blogging - and I love reading her blog.
In order to accept this award, I have to follow four rules:
Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and post it in your post.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Tell all of us seven things about yourself.
Nominate seven other bloggers and comment on their page to let them know.
Well, I posted the picture. I linked to Nanci - and I want to say THANK YOU, NANCI for this. I really appreciate it.
Now, seven things about me...
1. I was completely mortified, yesterday, when I found out that 14.5% of my paycheck each month will be taken out to put in to my retirement fund. And I feel silly because I'm so mortified. I mean, that amount of money each month is my daycare payment and car payment combined - but it's also a sign that once I decide to retire, I'll be well taken care of. I guess because retirement is so far off in the distance for me and my plans, it's hard to wrap my head around the importance of saving for the future. I'm sure I won't be so upset once I do decide to retire... but, I really don't plan on retiring until I'm no longer able to control my bodily functions. And yes, I know that's what I say now - and that could change...but DANG!
2. I received my class list yesterday and got to see pictures of most of the kiddos that will be in my class. I didn't want to hear anything about any of the kids in my class, because I want this year to be a clean slate for me and those kids. I don't care what's happened to them in the past, how they've performed, or what other people may have to say about them. Not that anyone had anything bad to say - but it's important to me that I don't start the year off with any "heads up".
3. I consider myself a tom-boy, even though I occasionally like to get glamed up. I think my weight has a lot to do with it - because when I'm feeling heavy, I prefer to dress myself in baggy clothes, no make-up, hair thrown in a pony tail. When I'm losing weight, I like to wear "girlier" clothes, put on some make-up, and fix my hair.
4. The only exercise I really enjoy doing is walking. And jogging. Something about being out in the fresh air, with music playing in my ears takes me away from the thought of exercise and more on the side of therapy. As much as I know exercise is important in the weight loss world, I really don't like going to the gym, walking on a treadmill, or anything else associated with using equipment to burn a sweat.
5. As much as I try to convince myself otherwise, people's thoughts about me matter. I want people to like me, I try hard to please other people, and I often doubt my abilities for others to like me for who I am. I find that I have a hard time making "life long" friends. I know that's something I want to change about myself. If I had a dollar for every time Hubby has told me to stop worrying so much about what others think of me - I wouldn't have to worry about #1 on this list... but I just can't help it.
6. I am not a mommy-homemaker. By that I mean I don't spend time each day cleaning my house, cooking, doing laundry, that kind of stuff. In fact, if it weren't for Hubby, I don't know that my kids would survive. I loathe cleaning house, my dishwasher is my favorite part of my house, and it no longer hurts my feelings that the kids whine when I declare that I have to cook dinner. It's all Hubby's fault - because he's so darn good at taking care of that stuff around the house. I'm spoiled rotten.
7. I have sat at this computer for 2 hours, now, trying to come up with stuff to share that you already didn't know about me...and the truth is, most of my more faithful followers probably already knew most of this stuff anyway. And that's because there's not much about myself that I don't share on this blog. My blog means the world to me - and it's brought me comfort, been my outlet for venting, been my connection to the world to share my joys and successes. And I don't see that changing any time soon.
Alright, now that's out of the way, I have to pick 7 bloggers to give this award to.... I have so many to chose from, and this is so hard to just pick out 7. These blogs I read every day, and I love them. I'm also picking them because I hope that they accept the award and do this so that they can spread the love for other bloggers out there - and point me in the direction of blogs I haven't discovered yet.
1. Jenn @ Day #1 Again
2. Chubby McGee
3. Drazil @ It's Just Me, Drazil & Shaneiqua
4. Prairie Princess
5. Colleen @ Bee Fit
6. Chantelle @ The Lady Named C
7. Yum Yucky
Alright, there you go. I have to get some work done, now... but this was fun! Thanks again, Nanci!
Till next time. ;)
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter