Thursday, January 24, 2013

100 Things Thursday!!!


I kid! I kid!

Seriously, I have enough trouble coming up with a list of ten things when I do Ten Things Thursday... do you really think I'm ambitious enough - or have enough time - to try and come up with 100 things?  Not hardly.

But 100 does have an important role today.... it's the 100th day of school!

In the few schools that I've had the pleasure of being in while on my educational path, the 100th day of school was always something celebrated in the lower elementary grades... K-2nd.  But, not in our school!

Oh no.  The 100th day of school is going to be celebrated from 3rd through 8th grade today.

And how did my principal decide would be a great way for us to celebrate?  By asking us to dress up like we are 100 years old.

I swear.  That woman never ceases to amaze me with the creativity she comes up with in order for us to celebrate days.  I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!!  Spirit days and dressing up and getting silly is my "thing".  It's one of the many, many, MANY perks I have being a teacher.

Of course, finding out yesterday that today I have to dress up didn't leave me with much time to plan - so I'm going to have to make do with what I have to work with.  Of course, if you ask my Peanut (which I did) she would tell me to dress like I always dress.  Nice, huh?

I'm not going to be able to go as crazy as I normally would... but I'm pretty sure I've got some stuff to work with.  I know I have a flowery bandanna that could work as a scarf for my head.  I have some sweaters.  I have some slacks.  I have some ugly, crock looking shoes.  I have some bright red blush and blue eye shadow.  I think I can make it happen.

Of course, I'm sure that sounded really offensive to "older women".

There will be other fun things taking place.  I can finally open up the 100th Day Worries gift set I bought a few years back, that has never been opened.  It's just a funny book that I can read to the kids... but I always like having a book I can break out.

Well, I better get to trying to dress like I'm 100 years old.  I'm sure it's going to take a while.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!