1. I'm excited about getting back in to my classroom today and seeing all of my kiddos' faces. As much as I love spending time with my own kids, it's amazing how much I miss those 18 little rugrats I have in my class. I'm curious to see if they'll all be happy to be back, or cranky and tired. I'm guessing the latter - but I'm going to be optimistic.
2. I'm so nervous about Jelly going back to school today. She's still not 100%, but I really feel like she's not getting better because - in a weird way - she doesn't know how to. I really think that sleeping and not eating and just laying on the couch and having me take care of her is what she feels like she has to do while she's still not feeling well. I'm hoping that getting her back to school - in a more upbeat environment - will shake her out of her funk and start getting her on the road to recovery. I can only hope, anyways.
3. It was actually a lot of fun getting to spend the day with my fellow teachers yesterday. We heard from an amazing speaker in the morning. Got to have a long lunch and just catch up and talk about our break. And then spent the afternoon talking about the new things that are coming our way this semester and moving in to next year. I really think it was what I needed to recharge my batteries for coming up with some great ideas for teaching.
4. I am avoiding commenting on all the blog posts I've seen recently from resolution haters. Nothing personal to them, and I can totally agree with almost everything they say, but I don't want to squash my positive hopes for my year by people that continually tell me that resolutions are a bunch of crap and a waste of my time. Everyone has to start somewhere. Not everyone picks January 1st to make changes in their lives - but the people that have had successful change picked a day to change and it worked for them. Just because I'm stuck to a cliche of it being the first day of a new year doesn't make it impossible for me to succeed.
5. I'm pretty sure that one of my cats is waiting for some kind of reward for catching a mouse that had already been caught in a mouse trap. I hate mice. HATE THEM. And last night, one of my cats got in to a cabinet - after hearing a trap go off - and brought me the nasty little sucker as if it were a present. I've heard of cats doing this - just didn't realize that there were lazy cats out there that waited for the traps to do all the work, and would then try and steal the credit as if they killed the mouse themselves. It was either that, or all three of my cats made wagers on how quickly I'd run and scream at seeing the nasty little thing. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure I heard my oldest cat giggle and high five the other cats when I took off running for the kitchen.
6. I'm in the process of making my first crocheted tote bag - and quickly realizing that purses and bags may be my "thing" for my future crocheting endeavors. It makes total sense. I am a purse hoarder - have collected them for the past ten years of my life. I'm pretty sure the only type of purse I don't own is a crocheted one. I know there are other
7. Last night, I finished up the last episode of Army Wives until the next season starts sometime this year. And you know what? I totally cried. Not because of the horrible way the show ended and is now going to torture me while I wait for the next season - but because it's over. I've enjoyed watching the show so much these past couple of weeks, that I'm sad that it's over.
8. I just did a quick search for Army Wives and have found out that there's no specific time line for when season 7 will start. AND some of the wives won't be returning, but are being replaced with new wives. I'm just not sure what I think of this. I'm in the midst of a new love affair - and may be having some of my favorite people yanked from my life. SO NOT FAIR!
9. I've written the first eight things pretty easily...a lot easier than in the past. That's a good sign. Maybe I'll have better luck with this Ten Thing Thursday thing after all.
10. It's now time for me to go and get ready for work. I'm ready... a little nervous...and a lot excited. I don't want to think about there only being 32 school days until my next long weekend. I'm more focused on getting through these first two days - and then having two days off. I'm just praying that Jelly makes it through today without me getting a phone call...and that this is the quick fix to her getting better. And yes, I'm fully aware that my number 10 sounds very much like my numbers 1 and 2. You got 8 things out of me this morning without any problems...that's improvement. Focus on the positive, people!