Saturday, January 19, 2013

Enjoying an Almost Kid Free Weekend

As I'm sitting here at my computer, I'm basking in the fact that I don't hear a sound.  No yelling for someone to get off the computer because it's their turn.  No screaming for the channel to be changed back, because they were watching that.  No bomp, bomp, bomp of five year old feet running through the house in my direction to tell me that Bubby is being mean, or Sissy won't let her watch her cartoons.

Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.

There is still a child in the house, but take away the oldest two, throw in a Christmas movie, and BAM... complete and utter silent bliss.

Peanut is spending the weekend with a friend, Butter is spending the weekend at my parent's, and Jelly is the one still watching Christmas movies towards the end of January.  Over, and over, and over again.

Silent moments like the one I'm enjoying right now happen only during my twilight moments when I make myself get up at 4:30am, so that I can enjoy a cup of coffee in quiet before the chaos starts.

While I would normally enjoy days like this on the couch, watching hours of TV and doing something like playing on my iPad or crocheting - I'm going to opt to get out of the house for a while and end up where the car takes us.  The weather is beautiful outside, and there's no reason to sit and miss out on it.

Although, later this evening, I do need to get my crocheting back up and running so that I can finish making the gifts I have for two pregnant co-workers in time for the baby shower on Monday.

I was a little nervous coming in to this weekend with the thoughts of my eating.  Weekends are always the hardest time, because I'm either laying around the house looking for grazing food or I'm out and about and decide to grab something at a fast food restaurant.

Good thing I planned ahead.

I bought some meal shakes and bars to tackle those situations.

Being that we're going with getting out of the house for the day, I have a shake to take for lunch, and I know what snacks or stuff I can have if I need to pick up something while we're out.  HELLO BEEF JERKY!! LOL

I don't really have much more to say.  I'm going strong.  Can't wait till Monday so I can see if all this really is too good to be true.  And I'm going to enjoy some time working tomorrow.

That's about it.

Enjoy you're Saturday, everyone!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It's a gorgeous day! Great idea to see where the car takes you. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!