Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Time to Head Back to Work

I'm amazed at how easy I managed to get out of bed this morning.  Especially since I didn't go to bed until close to 11pm, and I had Jelly in bed with me all night.  After a full week of restless nights and interrupted sleep, I think my body is finally used to it - so 6 hours of sleep is like a dream come true.

It's been exactly a week since Jelly got sick.  Even though she's much better than she was a week ago, she is still fighting it.  It hits her worse at night.  That's when the lingering cough acts up.  I'm not sure she's going to be ready to go back to school with the other two kids tomorrow... but that's a mountain I'll climb when it comes.

Today, I have to think about going back to work.  I woke up with a sore throat.  I'm chalking it up to the heat being on all night and it dried out my throat.  For a full week I've doted over Jelly, held her, comforted her...I'm not about to get sick now that it's time to go back to work.

Thankfully, today is professional development day.  That means an entire day sitting in meetings and learning about stuff that's going on in the educational world.  I don't mind professional development so much.  I like learning new things, and I like having a day of discussing stuff with my team before jumping right back to the kids being back. 

Oh, and it snowed yesterday.  Just like I asked for!  Of course, it wasn't enough to stop me from driving to work - but it still snowed...even though there wasn't any snow in the forecast.  Even when it was snowing, the weather app just showed my area to be cloudy.  Zero percent chance of precipitation.  Weird, huh?

These past two weeks have been fantastic.  Even with one sick child.  We had an amazing Christmas.  I managed to rest - somewhat.  Peanut and Butter got to spend some time with their grandparents, while I stayed home and took care of Jelly.  I managed to get almost caught up on Army Wives.  And I really think I'm ready to get back.  Would a couple more days off be great?  Sure.  But, I'm also completely happy with the amount of time I got - and I'm not going to complain about it.  Besides, I get to go back to work for three days and then get two days off...not so bad, right?

Well, I think that just about cuts it for today.  I'm having trouble thinking of more stuff to talk about - might have to get used to getting up at 5am again.  A nice, hot shower is calling my name.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!