Tuesday, January 29, 2013

True Confessions Tuesday




To be honest... I totally jinxed myself yesterday when I bragged about not feeling any withdrawal symptoms. I've been rocking a headache since driving to work yesterday morning.  And I woke up with it again this morning.  I don't think it has anything to do with withdrawals, though.  Just think it's a post TOM headache... just lasting a little longer than I'm used to.  Which is probably expected, being that I used to cure my TOM headaches with chips and chocolate and cookies.  I'll deal with the long headache instead of going back down that path thankyouverymuch!

To be honest... I did the craziest little happy dance in front of my mirror in my bathroom yesterday morning.  It happened right after I put on a pair of my Old Navy pants that I couldn't even button up before Christmas.  Not only did they button.. I had some WIGGLE ROOM.  There is only one way to celebrate wiggle room... by wiggling around in what I call HAPPY DANCE!

To be honest... I'm a little jealous of the school districts around me that are closing because of sickness.  I know that's a horrible thing to say.  I shouldn't be jealous, I should feel totally bad for them.  And I do.  But, any time school districts get a day or two off - whether it be because of snow, the flu, or some other reason - I get the pangs of jealousy.  And only because I'm dealing with this headache, and because it's almost a second full-time job keeping up with making sure all of my sick kiddos get their homework that they've missed.  I would love a day to just lay in bed and sleep away this headache....or just sleep.

To be honest... I'm so looking forward to my annual birthday trip to bingo with my mom this weekend.  It's become a tradition for me to go and play bingo on my birthday...or around my birthday.  Mom and I haven't been for a while, so it will be really nice to spend an evening alone with her.

To be honest... One of my kids at school asked if I was going to bring them cupcakes for my birthday.  I was surprised when I responded "Why would I bring you cupcakes, when I don't eat cupcakes?"  Not that I can't eat them... that I don't!  They all looked at me like I had gone bat crap crazy.  They have seen me eat cupcakes before.  It was even weirder that after I got home, I found a comment from one of my blogging friends (Jenn) who mentioned she used to do the same thing when talking about something she wasn't allowed to eat.  

To be honest... I'm one of those weird people who can't wait to file taxes this year.  Yes, I'm getting some money back - but I'm also going to have to owe the state of Missouri.  Oh, the joys of living in one state and working in another.  I'm excited because I'm pretty sure this is the first year EVER where we can put a large chunk of the money away without it going to paying off bills.  New house saving fund, here we come!  As long as I can keep Hubby out of the "it sure would be nice to have...." mode.  It sure would be nice to have a new house - and I'm pretty sure there isn't anything he can want that would top that!

To be honest...I'm totally loving how upbeat my True Confessions have been this year, so far.  What used to be a day where I could whine and moan and complain has now turned in to a day where I can share, be happy, and celebrate.  Maybe this year really is going to be the best year, yet!

And now it's time for me to go and get ready for work....AND, my headache has eased up!  Looks like all I needed was to remind myself how happy I am right now and BAM, no more headache.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!