Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Truthful Tuesday



To be honest... I was so glad, last night, when I found out that I didn't have to work the concession stand at the ball game.  Not because I didn't want to, but because I was exhausted.  Full day of teaching, followed by an hour long in-service, followed by an hour long baby shower.... yeah, I was spent.

To be honest... I caved and ate some carbs at the baby shower.

To be honest... I am so stinkin' proud of how much restraint and control I had while choosing the carbs I ate - and how much I ate.  When the only choices are chips, chips, pita chips, chips, and crackers... I had just a couple of the Wheat Thins and the pita chips.  I had a couple slices of cheese and a small scoop of cheese dip to go with it.  BUT, that was my dinner.  The other option was a chili dog - so putting carbs and calories against each other... I think I did pretty darn well.

To be honest... I also ate a small scoop of fresh fruit, which is another no-no during the first phase of Atkins. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed the fruit over the chips and crackers.  It's only been a week since I've eaten any fruit.. but to savor some fresh strawberries, grapes, and pineapple was heavenly.  If this is what is meant by "rediscovering my taste buds", then I'm going to be in for such a shock once I go a much longer length of time without eating stuff.

To be honest... Even though I ate a very small serving of carbs, my tummy didn't like it to much.  Not sure if it was, indeed, the crackers and chips - or other body issues I'm dealing with right now - but I felt a little bloated and uncomfortable after eating.  Enough so, that it calmed any desires I may have had for eating once I got home.

To be honest... I'm thinking about doing away with multiple choice questions from all work in my classroom until I can actually get them to do questions correctly. For some strange weird reason, many of my kids translate multiple choice to mean don't actually do any work, just pick the one that looks right.  No matter how much I explain or model or beg them not to do it - I just can't get my kids to actually figure out a problem or find an answer to a multiple choice question.  So.  Frustrating.

To be honest... I saw this video in a professional development training, and it goes right along with the multiple choice thing I was just talking about.  You have to watch it...it's hilarious.


To be honest... To go along with the "Ban Multiple Choice" attitude I've got, I think I'm also going to pass that along to the mounds of paper that collects in my room each week.  I can't stand sitting down at my desk and being surrounded by piles of papers.  It's never ending.  I grade, grade, and grade some more...and there's always a stack waiting for me by the time I'm done.  I am NOT a worksheet teacher - but I can't believe how much paper my kids go through in a day.  I'm going to try and come up with ways where I can eliminate so much paper.  Wishful thinking, I'm sure... but I'm going to at least try.

To be honest... I think that's all I have to share today.  I need to try and read a couple of blogs before it's time to get dressed.  So, enjoy your Tuesday, everyone!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Just a wee bit of friendly advice for what its worth. :) I have lost a ton of weight this year and have changed my life dramatically. One thing that works really well for me is to either pack my food that I can eat and take it to functions or eat right before leaving and pack a small snack in my purse. I've attended many a function this year and if the food available was not on my plan I simply didn't eat it. It took me years to get this...but once I did and had control it became much easier. Friends and family even saw what I was doing and usually had something accommodating after awhile. This weightloss stuff is hard, but you can do it! Be strong and stick to your plan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!