Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Truthful Tuesday



Wow, it seems like forever since I've written a Truthful Tuesday post.  Might as well get right to it...

To be honest...it has felt awesome seeing some comments from people I haven't heard from in a very long time.  It makes me feel good to know that I still have support out there - and it means a lot to me. 

To be honest... I ditched the cup of Kool Aid I always get with lunch yesterday and opted for water, instead.  Although, I realized very quickly that I need to take water flavoring to work with me because the water at work doesn't taste great.  I don't want to buy water.  So, I'm going to go with calorie free flavorings instead.

To be honest... I also ate a moderately healthy lunch consisting of a grilled chicken salad, cottage cheese instead of dressing, and pineapple chunks.  I had other, less healthy options available but I went with the salad.  I'll take that as a small step in the right direction.

To be honest... I think I might actually like this season of the Biggest Loser.  I don't think there will be the drama and hate that was spewed out of last season - and that I'm excited about.  And, of course, Jillian is back - which makes it that much better.  I also like the fact that they are discussing the childhood obesity factor in a positive way.  Although I'm very disappointed that somebody already quit - taking a spot of someone that would have given their right arm at the chance.  In my opinion, they should have let her quit and not sent anyone home on the first night.  But, one thing I've learned after 14 seasons is that it doesn't matter what I think...right?

To be honest... I'm happy to see some bloggers that fell of the radar at some point are back in the blogging game.  It's been really nice to reconnect this past week with some old friends. 

To be honest... I've found that I've avoided reading blogs from people that have bashed or made fun of people that have set resolutions or goals for 2013.  If you're one of those people - sorry.  I just don't like it.  Whether it be January 1st, March 10th, or July 30th that someone decides that they want to set some goals for themselves or try and achieve some resolutions - that should never be bashed or made fun of.  Regardless of whether they stick to the goals or not.  I've been down this resolution road many times, and even though I haven't come out where I wanted each year... I keep setting those goals or making resolutions.  It's much better in my mind than just throwing my hands up in the air and never attempting to try something to reach those goals ever again. 

To be honest... I'm so glad that Butter has decided to try out for the basketball team.  Yesterday was his first practice, and even though he said it was very hard - he liked it.  He really needs some kind of physical activity in his life.  I'm just hoping and praying that he doesn't get cut from the team.  While I understand that sporting teams are created to win games - which they should be, and I won't get in to that right now - I just hope that Butter is able to show that he could be pretty good at it and makes it through the cut. 

To be honest... I'm excited about Peanut having her first formal dance in February.  She's been going on about going dress shopping - and that's a pretty big deal for my girl.  While she is at that age where she spends an hour in her room in the morning "beautifying" herself for school - she is NOT a dress wearer.  I just can't believe she's getting so grown up...almost 13 going on 18. Just doesn't seem possible.

To be honest... it feels really good to start out 2013 with a Truthful Tuesday post that doesn't consist of confession after confession of all the mistakes I've made, or all the times I've "cheated".  If I achieve nothing else at all in 2013, I want to achieve at being more positive with myself, focusing on the good and taking those small steps to whatever victory I've set my mind to.

To be honest... I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time since last Monday, and I was shocked to see that I've already lost 2lbs.  And that's by doing nothing but going back to work.  I'm not going to update on weight loss each week - but it nice to at least see some movement in a week and that's something I wanted to share. 

And that just about does it for my first Truthful Tuesday of 2013. 

It's crazy to think that I only have 18 more Truthful Tuesday before school gets out for the year, and only 49 before it's Christmas again (because I probably won't right one on Christmas Eve).  HA!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this :) I'm right there with you on a few of these!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!