Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Post While I'm Away - Part I

Even though I'm writing this post on Saturday afternoon, you should be seeing it in your feed as if I posted it on Sunday morning.

That's because I'm not going to be home Sunday morning OR Monday morning.

My usual thing to do when I'm not home is to just not post.  But, how fun is that when I have the ability to write posts days in advance and set them up to post for me as if I wrote them on the day I didn't actually write them?

Say that 10 times fast.

Anywho, while wasting some time taking a short break from doing what I'm supposed to be doing - that would be working - I decided to read a few blogs.  I came across a post from one of my favorite blogs, Telling Dad.  In the latest post, he shared a link for another post with 48 questions that had been asked by the writer for other bloggers to share on their blogs.  I figured what a great way to create posts from while I'm away.  I'll answer 24 of them for Sunday and 24 for them on Monday.  So, here goes with my first set of answers...

1.  Where you named after anyone?

Nope.  My name was randomly picked and holds no significant meaning whatsoever - except for the fact that my family members could rhyme my name with "knobbly knees".  That would be my middle name they're rhyming.  And for the sake of not having my identify stolen, I'll leave it to you guys to try and figure out what my middle name is.

2.  When was the last time you cried?

I teared up on Thursday when I had flowers delivered to me from a student.  I cried two weeks before when the kiddos in my class made my birthday A-MA-ZING.

As far as crying out of sadness?  A long time ago.  I've wanted to cry a few times, recently, out of frustration - but thankfully, that hasn't happened.

3.  Do you like your handwriting?

Sometimes.  I am one of those weird people that have about 3 different types of handwriting.  I can write very neatly and purdy like - but I can also write sloppily and messy.  I also have a writing that is a combination of both.  I'm a lefty, so sometimes writing in a straight line on paper without lines or my white board is quite the task - and I get frustrated by how crooked it looks.  But, for the most part, I have pretty good handwriting.

4.  What is your favorite lunch meat?

Hmm... it's a toss up between Buffalo turkey and salami.

5.  Do you have kids?

Yep.  26 of them.  Three biological.  Twenty that are mine until May.  Three that are of the feline variety.  There are days when I love a category more than others, but they all hold a special place in my heart.  And, I'm not saying that I love my biological children less than those that are not mine or human.  I'm just saying that there are days where... well.... you know what I mean.

6.  If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

What a great question.  I think I'm a pretty good person to get along with.  While making close friends hasn't really ever been one of my strong points, I think I'd be friends with me.  I enjoy having a good time, I'm funny, and I'm a loyal and faithful friend.  Although I may get tired of listening to some of my whining, and I'd never take my advice if I asked for it.  But, we'd have a lot of fun just hanging out.  HA!

7.  Do you use sarcasm a lot?

No, not at all.  What is sarcasm?

Hmmm, it's a lot harder to be sarcastic through the computer than I thought.  But, it's my first language.  Just ask the kids in my class, or my biological kids, or just about anyone that knows me.  They'll tell you I'm fluent in sarcasm.

8.  Do you still have your tonsils?

I do.  In fact I have all of my original body parts. Accept for half a tooth that I broke a few years ago, and yet to have fixed because I don't have dental insurance...and it's just something that's never bothered me so I haven't done anything about it.

I have my wisdom teeth, my gall bladder, my tonsils, my ovaries, my uterus, and anything else that people might have taken out.

9.  Would you bungee jump?

No no, but HECK NO!  I'm terrified of heights, and I see absolutely no point AT ALL to jump off an extremely high crane or bridge with nothing but a piece of elastic wrapped around my ankles.

10.  What is your favorite cereal?

I don't eat cereal.  It's just never been a food I've been terribly fond of.  I will eat cereal on occasion if I'm hungry and that's about all there is to eat - but I can take it or leave it.  I suppose if I had to choose a favorite it would be Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Golden Grahams.

11.  Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Nope.  Never.  I yell at my kids all the time for it, and yet I never do it myself.  I'm such a hypocrite sometimes.  A quality I'm sure I wouldn't like about myself if I were to be friends with myself.

12.  Do you think that you are strong?

Physically?  Not at all.  Lifting a case of pop makes me feel like I'm exerting every bit of energy I have.  I have been strong in the past, but I have quickly learned that if you don't use your muscles, you lose your muscles...and they are replaced with jello.

Verbally?  Load on the weights.  I will yell and scream at you until you think that I could totally kick your behind, even though a punch from me would feel more like a tickle.  Just don't mess with my kids, or my family - and you won't have to ever feel the strength of my verbal assaults.  I don't even remember the last time I had to use that power, actually.

And emotionally?  Brick house right here.  I have to be in my line of work and with the kids I work with.  Some of their stories could put you through an entire box of Kleenexes in a matter of minutes.  But, I have to be firm and strong - for their sake.  Also, having a son with the disorder he has causes my emotional skin to be extremely thick.  I have to put up with verbal assaults, heart wrenching nastiness, and vile name calling on a some-what regular basis.  In order to cope, I have to let it bounce right off of me and not take any of it personally.  If there was a strength competition for emotional strength?  I'd be the Iron Woman every time.

13.  What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?

Mint chocolate chip or rum raisin.

14.  What is the first thing you notice about people?

Their facial expressions.  I'm a face reader.  I can kinda tell if a person has a kind heart by the look on their face or if they're probably someone to stay away from.  But, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll shy away from people that throw me a facial warning.  Sometimes, I've found that what I perceive as a hard face is really just a worn face that just needs someone to be nice to them.

15.  Red or pink?

Urm..can I have both?  No?  Well, fine.  Red.  For clothing.  I suppose.

16.  What is the least favorite thing about yourself?

My weight.  Duh!

17.  Who do you miss the most?

My parents when I don't get to see them for a long time.

18.  What is the technique that you need to work on the most?

Definitely procrastination.  Being that I should be working on grading and lesson plans right now, but I'm having a lot more fun answering questions for blog posts that I'll be posting when I'm not even home to post them.

19.  What color shoes are you wearing right now?

I'm wearing zebra patterned slippers.  It's the only type of shoe I wear when I'm at home.  My shoes are the first thing to come off of me when I walk in to my house - even before my coat, most days.

20.  What is the last thing you ate?

An Atkins Chocolate Chip cookie dough meal bar.  That was for breakfast.  I somehow forgot to eat lunch, being that I was so caught up in..urm.. "working".

21.  What are you listening to right now?

The hum of computers.  I don't know why I don't listen to music while I'm working at my computer.  I used to.  Maybe I should put some one now that I'm thinking about it.  OK, so now I'm listening to the Enya radio station on Pandora.  It's nothing but calming, soothing, classical piano and Celtic tunes.  Much better than those blasted hums of the computers.

22.  If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Urm... red?  Kinda boring, but I don't remember any of the fancy crayon names off the top of my head.

23.  Favorite smells?

Coffee.  Freshly brewed when I wake up in the morning or when I walk through the door after work.  Jelly when she first wakes up in the morning, and after a bath.  Cool Water cologne - on Hubby.

24.  How important are your political views to you?

Important enough for me to care about them, but not important enough for me to verbally bash or hate against anyone that doesn't agree with my views.

And there is Part I of my two day question posts.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for the other 24 questions...as long as my schedule thingy works right...otherwise I've just sat here and written these for nothing.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!