Saturday, February 09, 2013

Birthday Festivities: Week 2


Yeah, so it's no secret that I'm somewhat of a diva.

Were you able to read that sentence without laughing?  I know it was hard for me to type without making a little chuckle.

Truth is, I'm probably the furthest thing from a diva there is.  Well, come to think of it... I do walk around and command attention, can sing a pretty good version of Hero by Mariah Carey,  and it appears I also think I'm entitled to celebrate my birthday two weeks in a row.  So, maybe I am a little diva-ish.

But, if you look up the definition of "diva", you'll see that it states that a diva is a female performer.  Welp, definitely not me.

Diva talk aside, I am getting to celebrate my birthday for the second week in a row.  This weekend, with my P-Momma.  For those of you new to the blog, of have somehow forgotten who P-Momma is - she's my pseudo mother-in-law.  She is Hubby's best-friend from high school's mom, and a woman that Hubby considered a mother for several years during and after high school when things weren't so great with his own parents.  Even though those fences have been mended, P-Momma is still very important to him...and to me.  She has become like a mother to me and a grandmother to the kids.

Anywho, just like all major holidays, we get to spend time with P-Momma for birthdays.

In just a little while, we'll be heading out to her house and spending some time with her before we all go out for dinner this evening.

After the crazy, busy week I've had this week - I can't wait to spend some time sharing my crazy, busy week with her.

This week definitely took it's toll on me.  I slept for 13 hours last night!! I feel asleep around 9 and didn't wake up until 10 this morning.  That NEVER happens!  Just goes to show how much hard work I put in. *Insert little pat on the back for myself*

Tomorrow, Peanut and I are going to go out shopping for her formal dress.  Another fun day to add to my weekend line-up.  It's not very often we get to do fun, girly things like that together.

Well, this is just a hodge-podge, quick update for today.  I know that the weekends are usually snoozeville in the blogging world, so I might as well say my good-byes now and let my fun weekend begin.

Enjoy your Saturday!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!